Uncontrollable yawing

Reaction score
Lately it seems I have uncontrollable yawing while descending. I don't recall having in trouble in the past, most video I have taken while coming down has been usable and now the jerkiness I am seeing in my recent clips are making them unusable. Kinda at a loss on what to do. Maybe go through a recalibrate everything with the app?

Can you share a video of what looks like?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

A proper recalibration should do the trick for you.

This could also be VRS, hence the video request.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Sorry guys, I didn't have any responses and then had a few busy days and didn't get back to check on this thread until now. I have clip, watching it back it makes me wonder if it is the camera causing the problem and not the quad. But normally when I descend the playback is as smooth as when I am going any other direction. Now it's doing this. Also my horizon has been a skew just a little bit so I wonder if both problems are connected.

http://youtu.be/KDjdYjZ9DrY

It may be VRS, but do a full calibration check and recheck props as the gimbal seem to be working hard to compensate. Are any of the motors hotter than the other when you land?

Do you actually see the quad rotating from side to side? I have seen that on mine before and it was the camera. Do you happen to have a flight logger from either "Vision + Pro Utility app" or "Flytrex"?

Last question..... Have you had the top cover off or done a gps mod?

I have never checked to see if one prop was hotter than another. Yes, I have performed the foil mod. I have had the top off either 4 or 5 times, the laser printable foil I tried the first time didn't stick very well, I took it out and put in tape that was more adhesive.

Small movements on the stick will cause this effect without affecting the directing of the bird. When yawing, the camera will move in the given direction before the bird will move.

A simple test is to power up the bird without the props and giving very small yaw movements on the controller, you will notice the camera move before the motors increase in speed etc.

I often have the affect you are describing and it is all because of my input with the controls, in saying that it may be something very different.

I have seen similar yawing when descending directly down, especially there is a headwind. I think it may be VRS issue, its just not bad enough to put your quad into a death spiral. I've starting to descend with a little forward or backward movement tied to the descent to avoid dropping right into my prop wash.

Use the PC/Mac phantom assistance and bump all the gains to %200. Leave the ATTI as is.
I noticed the lower gains caused the phantom to fly unstable.

In mine opinion the video does not show abnormal behavior, not from the bird neither from the gimbal. Is just reacton on near to the ground turbilance that can be expected in the area where you were flying. The reason you only see yawing movents caused by off the turbulence on the video, is because other movement are compensated for by the gimbal.

I am having the same issue.... I upgraded my Phantom 2+ to the latest S/W firmware (3.06) Phantom Vision Assistant. Did full IMU calibration, calibrated RC controller, calibrated Phantom, every thing went well. Took it out to the field to fly. Did the compass dance, got course lock and home lock (11 Satellites). Flew arounnd for a while in GPS mode. Brought it back to practice landing. As I descended from 30 feet (straight down on the stick) the Phantom yawed 5 to 10 degrees, I corrected it back and tried to descend and it did it again. Tried 3 or 4 more times, same results. Got out the laptop re-calibrated the RC controller sticks, and the phantom sticks. Tried again, Same results........ It makes it difficult to land on a specific spot.

I was not having this issue before the upgrade.
Anyone know how to fix it, other things to check????
I will try the tests suggested above.
I also noticed the default gains have changed from 3.0, could that be it?

Mine does that too, and I continue to believe that it is attributed to my slight side movement of the left stick as I am pulling back on it. For me it is almost impossible to make a completely linear movement (down or back) with my thumb when it is at an angle to reach the top of the stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers