Unbiased, quick and subjective comparison P3P vs P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just tested my P4. I 've had P2V+, P3P, and I just upgraded to P4. I compared P3P and P4. Note: My P3P was bought in November and the original camera was replaced by DJI as I complained about the sharpness. Net net:
  • Camera of P4: much much better. I finally don't need to use the sharpness function of photoshop. I can rather use the noise reduction.
  • Look of P4: much much nicer. It is like an iPhone compared with a Motorola razr.
  • Speed: you won't believe how fast this machine can go. It is like a BMW 335M compared to a Toyota corolla basic. BUT, there is a catch: if you activate obstacle avoidance, P4 is much slower than my P3P at GPS mode.
  • Battery: it sucks...no way to get 28 minutes.
Hope it helps you decide if you want to upgrade.

I just tested my P4. I 've had P2V+, P3P, and I just upgraded to P4. I compared P3P and P4. Note: My P3P was bought in November and the original camera was replaced by DJI as I complained about the sharpness. Net net:
  • Camera of P4: much much better. I finally don't need to use the sharpness function of photoshop. I can rather use the noise reduction.
  • Look of P4: much much nicer. It is like an iPhone compared with a Motorola razr.
  • Speed: you won't believe how fast this machine can go. It is like a BMW 335M compared to a Toyota corolla basic. BUT, there is a catch: if you activate obstacle avoidance, P4 is much slower than my P3P at GPS mode.

Heck with the P4, you have me sold on a Beemer 355M though.....

Don't forget less FPV range. My p3 has substantially more range than my p4.
Maybe he didn't experience that. Seems to be on a case by case basis

Well, to be honest, most people I run into flying phantoms are doing the sort of flying that one can easily do in a Hubsan x4. Mostly Mickey Mouse back and forth 100 yard circle stuff. With that kind of flying you don't even need light bridge or the new candle light bridge on the phantom 4.

Don't forget less FPV range. My p3 has substantially more range than my p4.
without any scientific measurement, I would say it is slightly less than my P3P...I wouldn't say substantially.

Long range is VERY important to 99% of all Phantom owners --- and the P4 fails miserably compared to the P3 Pro.

If you don't think range is important --- then why buy a drone at all? Just mount a HERO 4 Silver on a really long selfie stick and twirl it around your head.

Camera: Much better
Look of P4: Sleek
Speed: Can't believe
Battery: Still better than P3 but not really as advertised
Stabilization when hovering: Better especially horizontal
Stabilization when flying: Horizontal fine but vertical is worse then P3. Altitude drops dramatically

Closed. We have many comparison threads for people to post in. No need for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues