Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Unbalanced Zenmuse H3-3D v1.1 - return or not return?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by freefall101, Aug 8, 2014.

1. freefall101

Without going into any detail to send you to sleep, my Zenmuse H3-3D v1.1 is clearly unbalanced - it doesn't stay in the same position when powered off. When powered on, I can hear the motors working quite hard as it runs through the start-up sequence to get it straight, and even when finished it tends to point slightly to the left. I also get a "whining"/"beeping" noise which appears to be an issue with the flimsy cable connected to the GoPro.

Would you recommend:

a)Returning this for a new replacement and hope everything is perfect, but run the risk of the same problem or worse issues with the replacement?
    b)Sticking with what I have, and trying to balance it out using tape as I've seen elsewhere on the forum?

2. IrishSights

The least painful is the balancing option! If you prove to yourself you can get it balanced with tape/coins etc there are other ways of making it adjustably balanced. E.g. some days you might want a polarizing filter on, other days maybe just an ND filter and then again maybe none - all with different weights. Balancing is not really that hard. There are several youtubes on it too. I might even do a sticky on it!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

3. OI Photography

Please do! That's definitely one that would have a lot of value for this section :)

4. freefall101

I've gone down the tape route, easy enough