Unbalanced Take off

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have tried everything and just cant seem to get this to work.
Im trying to achieve a very clean and balanced take off, up and down, but even after several nazam advanced calibrations and manual compass calibrations, my Phantom seems to always (slightly) favor one side after take off causing it to slide in one direction.

I have watched all the tutorial videos and done exactly what the manual suggests.
Is there a step im missing?

FYI: I'm currently doing these tests and calibrations in a warehouse store room where im sure I am getting next to no GPS reception.
Thanks!

Mine always seems to pull to one side or the other, I usually give a little stick to compensate, after a while of doing this it becomes natural, especially if there is a breeze.

Problem is I am Demoing these units in a small office space and want to keep 110% control of it.
Im looking to maintain a simple up/down throttle motion only. :/

Juzeric said:
Hey Guys, I have tried everything and just cant seem to get this to work.
Im trying to achieve a very clean and balanced take off, up and down, but even after several nazam advanced calibrations and manual compass calibrations, my Phantom seems to always (slightly) favor one side after take off causing it to slide in one direction.

I have watched all the tutorial videos and done exactly what the manual suggests.
Is there a step im missing?

FYI: I'm currently doing these tests and calibrations in a warehouse store room where im sure I am getting next to no GPS reception.
Thanks!
I just connected to PC with Naza assistant and did an Advanced Calibration. Drift on take off disapeared ;)

Juzeric said:
Just did another advanced calibration in Nazam and still a dodgy result.
Replaced all 4 propellers, set transmitter to GPS/HL, freshly charged battery, another manual GPS calibration.

Just cant figure out this sway on take off ><

Youtube video of my recent attempt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCjjLZF ... e=youtu.be

Please help :(

says video is private

does it try to do so when you take off in ATTI as well?

after running for awhile, do the motors on the side it's tilting towards feel unusually warm?

Yeah same result in ATTI mode... and no unusual warmth from any of the motors :/
I have raised my issue with DJI and they have yet to respond.

Have you updated the software and firmware? I'm having similar issues after downloading update...except mine goes the opposite direction (starboard). I have also sent question to DJI.

MRSpyder2U said:
Is there any chance that the warehouse itself could be interfering with the compass? Is there a lot of metal around where you're testing?

I work around many servers and systems in my warehouse so maybe that is the case. When I get a chance I'll take a laptop outside and do another calibration.
also, I am running v3.12
Still no reply from DJI currently.

Try calibrating to controller, steps are in one of the manuals . . . .

I had a similar issue, first take off after update, I went over and damaged two props, calibrated controller and its all good again :)

It takes a second or two for the onboard controller to balance the props, tilt etc so its important to apply full power on liftoff. No gentle hover, that will come in another second or two if you want. But full power is needed to prevent the quad from flopping around in initial lift and possible tip over. Don't be afraid to give full throttle at the start, you'll find it easy to dial back after its moving straight up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj