Unable to update Google Map on IPad Mini

Reaction score
I have spent 3 days researching this update problem talking with Apple and DJI several times.
My Ipad Mini displays a 3 year old IOS9 map regardless of what I do. (It's not Google Map I Just discovered)
Clearing the cache does nothing, but today I discovered that the Ground Station program (reloaded 14 times today alone) manages to turn off Location Services, (Share My Location).
I go into Settings, Privacy, Locations Services, Ground Station and it shows nothing on the line indicating service mode..
Click on the line and it shows "Never" with no check mark. Click on the line and a green check mark appears. Go back to Locations services and now "Never"appears on the Ground station line.
Click on the Ground Station line again and it now shows options! (While using the App, and Always)
Pick one, go back to Location Services and it now shows While Using the App..if that is what you picked.
Come out of settings and start Ground Station. No change in old Apple Map. Go back to settings and Ground Station shows nothing on that line again. Click on the line and Never appears without a green check as before. Apparently just clicking on GS removes the app from location services.
I have two IPads and it does the same thing on both of them.
Can somebody explain what is going on? DJI has all new people who have never used this software and they claim they do not support it any more.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie