Unable to transfer 4K video to iPhone via iTunes

Reaction score
I own a P3 Pro and have been making a few videos at 1080P instead of 4K as the only stable editing software i have currently is iMovie on my iphone 6 plus. So far, ive had no problems transferring 1080p footage to my iphone. What i do is i copy the videos from the SD card onto my desktop "video" folder, and i sync the videos in the folder using itunes to my iphone 6 plus.

So far, there has been no problems with the transfer.

WIth the release of IOS9 and updates to the iMovie app, it now supports the 3840 x 2160 resolution(4K in a sense).

So today i went out and spent about 3 hours and 4 batteries getting footage at my local tourist spot. When i got home and transferred the files to my desktop folder and tried to sync to my phone, the videos don't get sync-ed! The folder can still be selected as per normal, it still shows that there are 35 videos in the folder. But when I press sync, it seems to go through the motion but does not sync the videos.

I know i selected the correct 4K resolution before i recorded my video( there is a higher 4096x2160p, true 4K setting which i did not choose). I did the exact same method of transfer but somehow the videos won't transfer over.

I am wondering if this is a common issue and if anyone else is facing this too. I've had some great footage today and would like to make a UHD video instead of letting the files sit in the folder.

Please Help!

Last edited:
I own a P3 Pro and have been making a few videos at 1080P instead of 4K as the only stable editing software i have currently is iMovie on my iphone 6 plus. So far, ive had no problems transferring 1080p footage to my iphone. What i do is i copy the videos from the SD card onto my desktop "video" folder, and i sync the videos in the folder using itunes to my iphone 6 plus.

So far, there has been no problems with the transfer.

WIth the release of IOS9 and updates to the iMovie app, it now supports the 3840 x 2160 resolution(4K in a sense).

So today i went out and spent about 3 hours and 4 batteries getting footage at my local tourist spot. When i got home and transferred the files to my desktop folder and tried to sync to my phone, the videos don't get sync-ed! The folder can still be selected as per normal, it still shows that there are 35 videos in the folder. But when I press sync, it seems to go through the motion but does not sync the videos.

I know i selected the correct 4K resolution before i recorded my video( there is a higher 4096x2160p, true 4K setting which i did not choose). I did the exact same method of transfer but somehow the videos won't transfer over.

I am wondering if this is a common issue and if anyone else is facing this too. I've had some great footage today and would like to make a UHD video instead of letting the files sit in the folder.

Please Help!
Are you storing the files in the Cloud and do you have enough free space left to store them?

Are you storing the files in the Cloud and do you have enough free space left to store them?
I was told that iTunes isn't able to sync 4K video. So I guess that's that. Anyway I managed to use YouTube movie editor to create my video instead, so my time spent filming didn't go to waste.

Here's the epic clip!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was told that iTunes isn't able to sync 4K video. So I guess that's that. Anyway I managed to use YouTube movie editor to create my video instead, so my time spent filming didn't go to waste.

Here's the epic clip!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice Job Garrie!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31