Unable to switch off a battery!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I installed a new battery in my Phantom 3 Adv, and I've done the FW update of this battery (RC Off Firmware is SDcard, aircraft ON). This update was completed in error (red LED on). Since this time, I can not turn off the battery. The two center lights are lit.
IMAG1222.jpg
The shutdown button has no effect. After several hours nothing has changed. I think the battery has failed; but how to switch it off?
Regards

Hello everyone,
I installed a new battery in my Phantom 3 Adv, and I've done the FW update of this battery (RC Off Firmware is SDcard, aircraft ON). This update was completed in error (red LED on). Since this time, I can not turn off the battery. The two center lights are lit. View attachment 40721 The shutdown button has no effect. After several hours nothing has changed. I think the battery has failed; but how to switch it off?
Regards
I think best bet would be to ensure the latest firmware file is on your card in the root directory and then put the battery back in and see if it repeats the FW upgrade and gets it back to normal. If not, you may have to leave it till the battery goes flat and switches itself off. Then you can try recharging it from flat. You might want to put the battery in the drone and turn it on without the props so it goes down more quickly. Just two thoughts. Good luck.

How you shutting it off?
It should be the same method as turning on/off when its in the P3.

Just pull it out of the drone. It won't bite.
Har, Har the picture shows it is already out. I it might not bite, but might pinch you between your thumb and finger inserting it.:)

Hello everyone,
I installed a new battery in my Phantom 3 Adv, and I've done the FW update of this battery (RC Off Firmware is SDcard, aircraft ON). This update was completed in error (red LED on). Since this time, I can not turn off the battery. The two center lights are lit. View attachment 40721 The shutdown button has no effect. After several hours nothing has changed. I think the battery has failed; but how to switch it off?
Regards
What happens when you insert it, does it bite, I meant will the Phantom turn on? Inquiring minds what to know, this could be a spy thing.

Last edited:
The described incident occurred on a new battery. After fully charging the battery with a guenine DJI charger, I inserted in the Phantom to update firmware of battery. For this, I copied to the root directory of the microSD card, formatted FAT32, the latest firmware [1.6.40]. The radio control off, I turned on the aircraft. While few seconds (<30) LED of the camera blinks green, and then it glows red, which indicated a failure of the update. I wanted to turn off the aircraft to redo the update after checking the microSD and firmware. That's when I found that the battery could not be turn off with the standard procedure. I also found that the two central lights were on. I never saw this LED state decribed in the documentation. I left the battery in the aircraft hoping it would eventually die out. After 3:00 hours (sic) I removed battery from the aircraft. Two days later, it is still in the same state! I cannot turn it off. I thought the battery is defective and I was going to return it to my seller by playing the warranty.
Today, following the invitation of RodPad I reinserted the battery to see what will happen. The update started but it ended again in error; but -miracle- I could turn off the battery. I'm stubborn, so I redid the update, which this time ended in success.
Happy End; but strange behaviour.
Thank for your help.

Reactions: J.James
I have a Standard, but my impression of best results is to format the SD card with the go app, then copy the firmware to the SD card.

Glad it worked out, keep an eye on that battery.

I have marked mine with a Sharpie A, B and C. The problem is I did that on all three. So then to tell them apart I put my first, middle and last name on each. That didn't work either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20