Unable to remove bearings of DJI 2212 motors

Reaction score
I've had a small crash with my Phantom v1.1.1 and I thought that was a good moment to replace the stock (not sure, because I'm the Phantoms 2nd owner) bearings on my Phantom. Two of the motors make a light clicking sound when you turn the prop (not the magnetic clicks, it sounds like bearings balls with too much space).

I replaced one motor and that made a huge change in sound. Now I want to replace only the bearings of the second motor. But I can't seem to remove those things... Because I changed one motor out, I tested removing the bearings on that spare motor. Opening the motor is easy, but the bearings are stuck.

At the end, I used a hammer to get one of them out, destroying the bearing in the process. But now, even with one bearing out, the other bearing won't give. I used a hexed size pin to push it out, but don't feel any moment. I heated the motor and put freeze spray on the bearing: nothing. I used a hammer to put some force on each side of the bearing (from the inside): no movement whatsoever!

I'm kind of out of options. On Youtube, it looks like the bearings are easy to replace. But I tested it on 3 motors already, but haven't been able to remove one single bearing without destroying the motor...

Any tips?

I ran into the same problem. Trick i used was take a wrench socket ( i used a 5/8) to hold the motor & then i used an 1/8 " tungsten rod ( anything metal) to drive the sob out. I did set the new bearings in the case & seat them with a c clamp tho very slowly.. Side note : depending on bearing brand i had to reuse my e clips new ones were to think with the new plastic washer dust shield they supplied .

I had the same problem after a tree strike.

Try as I might, the noisy bearings were impossible to remove. So, I took my Phantom to my local shop repairman. What he did was to heat the area right around where the bearings were seated with and electric heat gun. I got hot enough that he had to use gloves. Then with a couple of forceful taps the bearing popped out.

Hope that helps.

In the end, I used a wrench socket to put the bearing on (for the lower bearing) and in (for the top bearing). 4 taps on the 4 'corners' of the bearing got them all out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik