Unable to pair/bind transmitter!??

Reaction score
I have a issue that's driving me nuts now. Im trying to do a simple bind with my DJ6 transmitter and receiver. I manage to bind fine initially but if I turn everything off then back on again I lose the bind ( receiver returns to flashing green ).

Any idea whats going on? Are their variants of transmitters that are not quite compatible with older or newer receivers? The receiver is the twin wire version. Transmitter is V1.1.1

Thanks

I need to be cautious because I thought the DJ6 Tx was 2.4 Ghz- but your FC40 is 5.8.
Anyway-this is my experience with 2.4. There was a batch of dual antenna Rx's out there that did exactly as you describe,i.e. forgot the bind when powered off.

Hi. No im converting my FC40 ( was!) to 2.4g , hence the issue with binding a separate purchased DJ6 and receiver. That's very useful info thank you discv :) Ive ordered another receiver from a different supplier in hope I get a good batch this time. Thanks

Another manufacturer, Spektrum, warns about having the the Tx and Rx too close when binding.
(An RF far-field, near-field thing)

But that shouldn't explain your's dropping or losing the bind after initial success.

N017RW said:
Another manufacturer, Spektrum, warns about having the the Tx and Rx too close when binding.
(An RF far-field, near-field thing)

But that shouldn't explain your's dropping or losing the bind after initial success.

Ok thanks for that :)

I was unable to solve this problem, nor were the supplier of the dual antenna Rx. (Helipal)
But they sent me, FOC, a DR16 Rx :D
But this was, and maybe still is, not normally available seperately.

NO17RW, you are right- nothing explains why we get a memory lose of the bind.

Well I ordered a different version RX and YES! problem fixed! :) The correct RX for my v1.1.1 transmitter is the V1 RX and remembers the bind even when turned off. The V1 ( which I assume is older version?) looks better quality and more modern than the V3 or am I missing the point here!?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 1,835
I just logged back into Phantom Pilots and saw this thread and I am glad and happy for you. I was wondering about something you said above "The correct RX for my v1.1.1 transmitter is the V1 RX ". My question is about your RC Transmitter a DJ6 that you say is a V1.1.1 and it would not hold a bind with the DJI 2.4GHz V3 Receiver. I have been selling those as a kit for the last 6 months without a problem. http://www.ebay.com/itm/291277333111?ss ... 1555.l2649

Here is a picture of the receiver, It is the same one you show, the newer V3.

So. you wondered why it would not hold the bind. I found through trial and error (lots of errors) that to address the issue that you were experiencing I think the trick is to swap the Servo cables. It seems the newer 2.4GHz receiver is a bit more "selective". where as the older receiver it does not matter. So what I am trying to type but the words are getting in the way, is to swap, X1 with X2 and it would have worked.

I feel pretty confident with this as a fix. Just to confirm, what model Naza do you have, the red label or Yellow label?

Attachments

• 20150123_151422-1.jpg
    20150123_151422-1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,142
Hi Wedeliver,

Im a bit confused because your photos on Ebay show both versions (V1 in one photo and V3 in another) of RX, so are selling one or the other each time or just random for each sale? I tried switching cables before and made no difference. I think it depends what Naza controller you have whether it is V2 or lite which way the cables are connecetd. From what ive been told the V1 RX is the newer version oddly, however it does look like a better quality unit than the V3.

I also heard there were bad batches of V3 that forgot settings but I don't know if this is true or not.

I have the V2 Naza but I think ive answered your question above. Cheers

Hi FC40Pilot,
I am confused also. :)
Yes I have sold both Versions and the bottom line is everyone is flying. At this point all I can buy to resell is the V3 and I have not had any problems with them at all. The word is that DJI has stopped making Spare Part 31 in any version and that soon it will no longer be available.
I understand that you might have tried the cable swap. I am only passing on something that I found. It worked.
As you can see in my Ebay listing that I offer Refunds. I figure if you can't use what I sell ya send it back. Not one person has returned a Kit or the Receiver.
There is a thread here by a wonderful woman pilot in Hawaii where we had a little bump in the road with her Upgrade Kit and after a little Phone support she is flying and I got some great Hawaii Powered Pepper. (Hot stuff)

The whole business is confusing! Between Helipal and DJI support I was told that the v3 (banks of servo pins close together) was for the Phantom 1. The v1 version was for the Phantom 2.

Bearing in mind that I was having the same problem as the OP, I was then told that neither would bind correctly with a stand alone off the shelf Naza, but only with a Phantom dedicated Naza.

I have never found out whether I was spun a yarn, or if the Naza's are different.

This is a quote of the reply I received from Helipal about the Part 31 receiver-

"We tried again, we noticed this problem too.
However, this Receiver meant to use on Phantom "CIRCUIT BOARD", not directly connecting NAZA."

discv said:
The whole business is confusing! Between Helipal and DJI support I was told that the v3 (banks of servo pins close together) was for the Phantom 1. The v1 version was for the Phantom 2.

Bearing in mind that I was having the same problem as the OP, I was then told that neither would bind correctly with a stand alone off the shelf Naza, but only with a Phantom dedicated Naza.

I have never found out whether I was spun a yarn, or if the Naza's are different.

This is a quote of the reply I received from Helipal about the Part 31 receiver-

"We tried again, we noticed this problem too.
However, this Receiver meant to use on Phantom "CIRCUIT BOARD", not directly connecting NAZA."

What is that quote supposed to mean. The Receiver only attaches to the Naza MC, no circuit board involved except for power is my understanding.

I have no idea what is for what or what the differences are either. The receivers are working on all types of Naza, the M, V2 and Lite. folks are happy and flying.
As you can see in my listing the boxes that the different receivers came in are labeled exactly the same. Spare Part 31.

I do have a few of both versions and a few of both Naza M and V2. Can anyone suggest any tests I should make for basic Radio Control connection. Also is there a thread explaining a good method to test the range on a bird without flying and then losing it. I am thinking of some kind of ground based test with maybe 2 people.

FC40 Pilot said:
Hi Wedeliver,

Im a bit confused because your photos on Ebay show both versions (V1 in one photo and V3 in another) of RX, so are selling one or the other each time or just random for each sale? I tried switching cables before and made no difference. I think it depends what Naza controller you have whether it is V2 or lite which way the cables are connecetd. From what ive been told the V1 RX is the newer version oddly, however it does look like a better quality unit than the V3.

I also heard there were bad batches of V3 that forgot settings but I don't know if this is true or not.

I have the V2 Naza but I think ive answered your question above. Cheers

I have found that I do have both V1 and V3 Receivers. There is no difference between the boxes. I mean there is no way to tell from the DJI Spare Part 31. Both boxes are the same. they both have www.dji-innovations.com printed on them, even though that changed a long time ago. What I make from that is there is no big difference between the V1 and V3. There is a serial number on every box that is different, but the numbers are not much different between V1 and V3.
Since I wish to help folks who for some reason need to address their RC Control. It is important that I do not give bad or wrong info. So any help in finding answers to these questions is appreciated.
Craig

I am still hoping to learn more about the different versions of the DJI 2.4GHz Receiver, known as "Spare Part 31". I have sold a few of them to all sort of users, custom builds with Naza-Lite and Phantom FC40 and all sorts of other Phantoms. Everyone of the Receivers I sold are working. There were a couple "bumps in the road" but those were all learning experiences. So, what are the differences between the 2 versions? Thanks for any help

Hi, I'm new to this, trying to enjoy the hobby; I bought a used phantom 1 V1.1.1 and the assistant software said error 29; so i thought i needed to re-bind the transmitter; well the receiver has no binding button; i looked on ebay and the receivers that looked like it identify it as a phantom 2; the borad says TCX 1502 and there is a description that says WM300 2.4G TX RF V1; it has 2 antennas; any help would be appreciated as i dont know if i have to replace both the dj6 and the receiver; thanks.

I have an issue and i hope someone can shed some light on it for me.

I have (i think) the earliest version of the Phantom 1 and i have somehow broken/damaged the controller. As such i purchased one from Riseabove.com.au which was sold to me stating it would suit the Phantom 1 and 2. I received it today but i am unable to bind it to the aircraft and yes i have followed all the instructions for doing so.
The original (damaged) controller is a SR6 and the new one is a DJ6, i am thinking this is the problem but am not sure what to do from here.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers in advance.

If you have an early version of the Phantom 1, it will be fitted with a single antenna receiver. I could be wrong, but I think you will have to replace this with a 2.4 Ghz dual antenna, as fitted to the later Phantoms- which came with the DJ6.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik