Unable to connect datalink to iPad ground statio

Reaction score
Anyone had any problems with connecting their Data Link BTU to their iPad? Can't find the BTU on my iPad. I've done the update on both the ground and air end.

Do you have your regular Phantom controller powered up and bound to the Phantom? This needs to be connected prior to the Groundstation as the Phantom needs to be in GPS mode for it to function and you can only change flight modes via the Phantom's controller

Also once connected if your Controller doesn't have self centering throttle the stick needs to be in the 50% or greater position, because if not and you switch to ATTI mode the quad will fall from the sky.

The problem is the iPad not finding ground unit of the Bluetooth datalink. I've got the Bluetooth turned on on the iPad but the iPad doesn't find the Bluetooth device. Also ground station keeps crashing too and waiting for DJI to release the new update. Can you connect the iPad and datalink together before turning on ground station?

I've got the controller connected to the phantom before connecting ground station too and the upgraded control where the throttle is already in the middle at 50%

The problem is the iPad not finding ground unit of the Bluetooth datalink. I've got the Bluetooth turned on on the iPad but the iPad doesn't find the Bluetooth device. Also ground station keeps crashing too and waiting for DJI to release the new update. Can you connect the iPad and datalink together before turning on ground station?

Been a while since I had groundstation - but I never had to manually connect the ipad bluetooth to the datalink - it just happens as a result of running the groundstation app.

If the groundstation app is crashing all the time - it is probably just not getting to the point where it makes the bluetooth connection. Once DJI fixes the app - it should be seamless.

I don't think there will be further updates to Ground Station. DJI has changed focus and this product will reach EOL soon. With that said, mine connects automatically as soon as I start the GS app. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?
My sequence: Power Tx, Power MR, Start GS, connected.
For full disclosure this is installed on an all-DJI F450 with Naza v2 and e310 propulsion system.

Yep tried uninstalling and reinstalling it ground station and have done the same sequence. DJI got back to me and they said a new update is on the way and they have uploaded it to iTunes but waiting for Apple to approve the update

Reactions: cheebs
Yep tried uninstalling and reinstalling it ground station and have done the same sequence. DJI got back to me and they said a new update is on the way and they have uploaded it to iTunes but waiting for Apple to approve the update

Encouraging news then, will be on the lookout.

Hi, Don't try to connect the Ipad to the Bluetooth unit. Just make sure BT is on in settings and then the GS app does the connecting.

johnbig

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20