Unable to bind to FC200 camera

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm hoping someone could help me resolve the "Phantom Connection Broken" error whenever I try to bind.

I've read through many threads across this forum and tried their solutions, but it hasn't worked for me. This issue seemed to happen right after I updated the camera and expander software. I've try using Luci portal to review the status of the expander, but didn't see the FC200 listed anywhere. It does connect to Phantom_xxxx in the DJI app on my Samsung S3 Android phone. It was working the day before with no problems even when the Phantom was beyond visual ranger (BVR). I have often used the waypoints feature for better shots. Now I'm limited to flying it within a couple hundred meters. Apparently, I discovered that if I press the button on bottom side of camera, it takes either snapshots or video.

I believe the problem is software related, not hardware. For some reason the camera's wifi module doesn't appear to be working. I've followed the same procedure listed in this forum to no avail.

I can SSH into the expander [email protected], but can't access the camera. If I could access the camera using serial, telnet or ssh, please let me know. I'm confident I can solve this problem once I have access to all the components (transmitter, expander, phantom and camera.

Many thanks!
Andy

I'm having a little trouble understanding. Have you tried to SSH into the camera, or not? If you have, and couldn't, that would be one thing. But if you haven't even tried, that would be something entirely different. You absolutely can SSH into the camera... assuming that the camera is connecting to the WiFi.

What are you doing to try to bind the camera? Are you following the YouTube tutorial?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7FsdCPrEeU

I followed all the instructions to bind with camera. The problem appears that the wireless on the camera isn't working. I had updated the camera firmware to v1.1.9 successfully using the sdcard procedure. However, I was unable to bind to the camera after the upgrade.

I also used the DJI Phatom Vision Assistant and DJI RC System Assistant to update firmware on all the other system components.

Still no luck in binding to the camera. I even used wireless sniffer and only saw SSID of Phantom_xxxx, no SSID of FC200_xxxx was observed in any of the trace captures.

The camera works manually, momentarily pressing the button on bottom of camera takes snapshot, while holding button for 2-3 seconds starts video recording.

I can fly the Phantom manually and capture images, I also tested it return to home when I shut off controller. The groundstation feature in the DJI App doesn't work, guessing it's related to the camera not binding.

Without another camera to test, I ended up contacting DJI and they recommended sending it there for repair. Definitely disappointed I couldn't solve the problem. The tech support person @ DJI also wouldn't provide me with information for connecting to camera and phantom. If someone knows how to connect to phantom and/or camera, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise I'm going to have to send my unit to DJI for repair.

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Problem solved. Apparently the Phantom/Camera unit requires root access to the extender (AP). When I changed the default root password, that prevented the Phantom/Camera unit being able to bind to AP. I need to change default root password on Phantom/Camera first, then the AP :)

Problem solved. Apparently the Phantom/Camera unit requires root access to the extender (AP). When I changed the default root password, that prevented the Phantom/Camera unit being able to bind to AP. I need to change default root password on Phantom/Camera first, then the AP :)
How did you find the default password?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik