Ultrasonic Systems Error. Land As Soon As Possible.

Reaction score
Just got back from flying and loaded my flight up to healthy drones and noticed this warning? I didn't notice when I was flying which has worried me as obviously I would have landed immediately. My device had the sound up so not sure why I didn't hear it.

Flight log here:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Does anyone know what this error means? I didn't calibrate compass before flight as I had only calibrated yesterday (less than a mile away). I did check my MOD sensor before and it was approx 1500.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

Was VPS enabled at the time? If so, it sounds like it was not functioning properly for some reason. Check if that error has been cleared after restarting your Phantom.

Yes VPS was enabled. Should I disable in future as I'll never fly indoors or should I keep it on to see if the error occurs again?

Many thanks

I always keep it off outdoors. I'm not sure what that error was trying to tell you, but it should not happen again if VPS is disabled.

Thanks. Still seems like a worry to me. The Go App flight plan at the point of the error said my height was 6400 feet when it was only 25. This doesn't show up on the healthy drones site though?

Try uploading your flight log here.

I see that error in my log viewer, but nothing else unusual around that time. It looks like a possible glitch in the firmware.

In this thread, DJI is saying this was an issue an old firmware version (not sure which).

Thank you. I'm not on the latest firmware (the one released last week) but I'm on the one before. Should I do some recals or just turn VPS off.

Also I notice the landing altitude is -6300??

Also is it worth posting log to DJI. Not sure how responsive they are or not?

Thanks for your help so far.

You could try posting a thread in the DJI forum. DJI support does routinely review and answer posts there.

J
Does anyone know what this error means? I didn't calibrate compass before flight as I had only calibrated yesterday (less than a mile away)..
I had one that scared me as I was over the ocean but well above the height that VPS should be working.
I've read of others that were false alarms too.
Since you don't need the VPS outdoors in normal flying, you may as well disable it and it won't worry you again.

I had one that scared me as I was over the ocean but well above the height that VPS should be working.
I've read of others that were false alarms too.
Since you don't need the VPS outdoors in normal flying, you may as well disable it and it won't worry you again.
I worry that just turning VPS off though is just masking a more serious problem perhaps?

I just had this happen as well. Wondering if outside temp may be the cause? here it is mid 30sF. Firmware is 1.5 and DJI GO is 2.5.

I spoke to DJI. They told me to recalibrate the imu and update to the latest firmware. Feels like a slightly 'cookie cutter' response. Absolutely no mention of VPS

Just got back from flying and loaded my flight up to healthy drones and noticed this warning? I didn't notice when I was flying which has worried me as obviously I would have landed immediately. My device had the sound up so not sure why I didn't hear it.

Flight log here:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Does anyone know what this error means? I didn't calibrate compass before flight as I had only calibrated yesterday (less than a mile away). I did check my MOD sensor before and it was approx 1500.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

I saw that error message once on my p3p.
I was flying outdoors fast and low across my snow covered yard when it popped up.

I was back up in the air by time I noticed and kept flying ..
figured it was the reflection from snow that messed up the sensor .

never had mesage again!

good luck and have fun flying!

Response from DJI when I asked them about VPS.

No, do not turn off the VPS.

Now I'm really confused!!

do you have a gimbal guard installed? If so, some of them mess with the VPS

No I don't have any add ons to it. DJI have today responded again to say recal the IMU as if it's a barometer issue the IMU cal wil fail. So will do this later after I update to the latest firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav