Ultrasonic sensor error

Please just ignore this poster. He can his story straight for longer then a post or two, he's in the biz of pranking people and he started a new thread (as we called him out in this one) stating that he bought another P3 and it immediately flew away. He claims to have a video of that (and photos of this P3) but refuses to post any of it.

Just ignore unless photos and video are posted.

Ignore, as in click user and select 'Ignore', not just pretend they aren't there...I just learned today that one could even do that...

I got the ultrasonic sensor error this morning.

I am pretty sure it came on when I was coming into land as I don't recall seeing it before that.

I was manually landing.

The ground was very very dusty with the odd blade of grass.

A lot of dust was kicked up as I touched down.

I turned everything off and went home and powered it all back up again, the error is no longer present.
I also did a indoor takeoff (without blades) which worked ok.

SO I guess the sensor does get confused with a very dusty soil.
(advance model, v18 (or is it 1.8, anyhow the one from 8th may) firmware and latest android app.

Reactions: Pumpfixer
I asked dji what the ultra sonic error message was on Thursday, They replied back asking for all my details and asked me to export all the flight log of the aircraft, connect it up to the computer and upload it through the cloud to them. It may be more of a problem than we think at this moment. They seemed very keen to have all my flight details that's for sure.

I asked dji what the ultra sonic error message was on Thursday, They replied back asking for all my details and asked me to export all the flight log of the aircraft, connect it up to the computer and upload it through the cloud to them. It may be more of a problem than we think at this moment. They seemed very keen to have all my flight details that's for sure.

I might be tempted to send mine.
Which files did you send them. ?
On my android device I noticed there are 3 text files and I think a video file created today after I flew.

I would contact them at the very least, i was only asking them what to do if i got the message and they thought i had so asked for everything, serial number of the aircraft, all flight log of the aircraft and a form to show me how to do it every step of the way. I would contact them robinb just be on the safe side.

I got the ultrasonic sensor error this morning....
SO I guess the sensor does get confused with a very dusty soil.
(advance model, v18 (or is it 1.8, anyhow the one from 8th may) firmware and latest android app.

I got this error a couple of times and I was 50'-100' in the air above grass. I was using the original firmware and an Android device at the time. I've flown a dozen times since with the updated firmware (both 1.6 and 1.8) and iOS and haven't seen the error since.

I would contact them at the very least, i was only asking them what to do if i got the message and they thought i had so asked for everything, serial number of the aircraft, all flight log of the aircraft and a form to show me how to do it every step of the way. I would contact them robinb just be on the safe side.

Thanks,

Just whizzed email to dji europe support desk.

Cool let us know how you get on with uploading it all, I guess you will get the exact same email i got. Still think it might have something to do with them 4 legit crashes. They are still waiting to hear back from dji, very keen to learn the outcome as its been a week now and im hoping dji have recognised the problem and it can be fixed with a firmware update. The inspire had a few problems to start which were quickly sorted with a firmware update. Hope it goes easy for you.

If you go back to page 2 you'll see that T-Ed addresed this.

I was playing around on the street at aprox 4ft high. Then headed toward my driveway that has a steep incline....
And?? What happened?

Also how do I stay logged in on this forum on my iphone? I check the box that says leave me logged in. And it wont remember my login info either...
Make sure you have cookies enabled.

Sorry,
blade strike, top of page 2.

Sorry,
blade strike, top of page 2.
Ahhh

Ok, perhaps the dirt flying up did confuse it then.
Also what I had not really twigged here the vps is 2 sensors, ultrasonic and video. Me having a senior moment. :eek:

You'd think all the known/common issues would be ID'd since the Inspire's been using it as well as other mfgs. so it's not likely there's a systemic problem.

What happens here is one, two, four reports of crashes and suddenly individuals declare there's a problem that must be fixed.

Flying R/C aircraft requires skill.

Some here are not happy unless they're worried about something.

Reactions: Meta4
I was wondering if any of the trolls were related to another competitor or not. Tho I really would not suspect its 3dr being one of the trolls was using guinns picture and a name that was some thing like the guinnmister or some thing along them lines.

And he is not that stupid. nore do they have to resort to tactics like that to sell a product that can already sell its self on its own merits. Which makes me think its some one that also wants to try and also hurt 3dr but just can say the solo sucks or has crashed a few of them in the last few days being they arnt in any ones hands yet. maybe its some one really hating all the money that was invested to bring the total pos beeboop to market and now they are hating that not only will they get blown away by dji but also any one that dont want a dji will want a 3dr and most people that do there home work are not likely to buy any thing other then the 2 contenders for the best.

You'd think all the known/common issues would be ID'd since the Inspire's been using it as well as other mfgs. so it's not likely there's a systemic problem.

What happens here is one, two, four reports of crashes and suddenly individuals declare there's a problem that must be fixed.

I only said might, and yes i agree there is nothing to suggest this is the problem. Something is tho with this sensor error message and i would just like dji to bring some light to the subject that's all. Not worried more curious . Dji didn't say what this message was to me, instead they wanted to know every single last detail of the aircraft and all its flight data sending them straight away. This has made me a little more curious, but not worried.

Fair point.

Though if the vps is not used when gps lock is present you would think any warnings would be suppressed.

robinb, what height were you when you first spotted the error message do you know, above vps kick in or below. (3mtrs)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers