Ultrasonic sensor error

I'm keeping my VPS ON ! I flew yesterday in the exact fashion of the OP (flying close to ground and the ground becomes a 12 foot drop down to a beach/waves)......Not one little hiccup while doing so from either direction multiple times....As soon as I first read the post I smelled trolling.....doesn't make a lick of sense.....and for those of you who decide to disable VPS based on shallow claims....WAT !
same claims in phone rom forums....("rom bricked my phone !!!") but yet 1000's of people running rom flawlessly, and then of course (few hundred make posts like "I'll wait till OP fixes rom before I flash" "don't wanna brick")
Maybe once you've been trolled it infects slightly to the point where "we" end up spreading troll thoughts and solutions.
Do as you will.....VPS stays on for this guy !
my thread is a troll? I really had issues...... that's why I am posting.... isn't that what forums are for?

I've experienced the same error with my P3A on two occasions but neither led to a crash. I'm updating the firmware right now and hope that corrects the problem. I was using an Android phone at the time but now that the iOS software is available I'll be switching to my iPad Mini.

Reactions: Pumpfixer
I have flown the P3 for over 20 hours ... have tested a gimbal guard for a friend which involved ensuring that the VPS is not affected. Therefore tried it on various terrains and obstacles and did about 100 auto landings. The P3 autolands beautifully with VPS. Tried auto landing on glass, wood, grass, cushions, uneven terrain. Flew it indoors for several hours over furniture and other obstacles.

I am sorry that the OP had a crash but please avoid jumping to conclusions quickly. The VPS may have issues in certain circumstances but I have not flown next to a roof or a cliff top so I can't comment what went wrong there. Too many variables when you fly a UAV. Logs will help but leave it to DJI to figure it instead of speculating and getting comfortable with the next 'fix' which may not apply to your circumstances, type of flying and skill level. VPS is off when you take off with GPS - it only kicks in P-opti mode when there is no GPS. You can also see the height from the ground when it kicks as you can see the little green arrows. I have not shown it to work over 5-6 feet although the specs say it will work further off the ground. Maybe there are situations when VPS kicks even when GPS is locked in. I haven't see that happen so I am pretty certain it is not happening to my 2 aircrafts.

The only way you will enjoy the P3 is if you fly it like you "stole it". If you sit and worry about every post about the various issues people experience you will have a permanently grounded aircraft. I saw the same scenarios when the Inspire 1 was launched. I was fortunate that I did not experience any of the issues but some people did - it is the nature of this technology - things are going to go wrong no matter what precautions you take. That is why there are rules about flying LOS, and not over peoples heads in a crowded park. Flying an aircraft is not the same as buying an Iphone or Ipad. There is so many things that can go wrong - things beyond your control, beyond DJI's control and this is not a million pound aircraft with multiple redundant systems built in. Sadly even NASA have lost their rockets and shuttles at deployment and re-entry - so nothing is guaranteed when you are at the cutting edge of any technology. If you are afraid of this concept flying a UAV is not worth the stress. Get a nice 4K flat screen TV and enjoy a nice movie. I always remind myself that each mission will be my last with that aircraft. When I get it back in one piece I mark a mental notch in my head that the next flight is another gamble. Does that stop me from flying again?

PF, where is the imu calibration settings? Wonder if it would be a good idea for all of us to perform one.

my thread is a troll? I really had issues...... that's why I am posting.... isn't that what forums are for?
I was referring mainly to the Jerky Boys guy.....but i gotta wonder what happened in your case....do you have video...or something to show that systems where ready for flight and that it wasn't user error.....cause as i stated i did the exact same style flight yesterday flawlessly....i barely even glanced at my tablet so i don't know if i had any strange readings but the flight characteristics where 100% normal

IMU calibration is a good idea but if your gimbal is level when you start and when you tilt the aircraft side to side that should give you the reassurance that the aircraft known when it is level. That is what the IMU does. I always do this as I start the flight - check the gimbal is level and responding to movement correctly. I cannot remember the last time I calibrated the IMU.

Hey buddy, did it ever occur to you even us "celebs" might be flying these things?

Jerky Boys is long and gone now. I have other things in my life. One of them, is flying drones.

Well you did a very poor job at getting the story straight ..? This account needs to be banned.

yes I can post a picture, and will. I was flying in P mode. Just off of Queens boulevard there I was flying high. I mean real high baby. Next thing I know it's popping up an error about the sensor, and landed right in the fuckin' head of this old guy, and took his fuckin' wig off.

I thought the craft was lost? OK, time for the troll to be banned... Guys please report this.

Why don't ya come over here and say that, liverlips. I'll punch your fuckin' balls off.

Yeah that's all you could reach big man.. Your only 5'7", remember..? I'm almost a foot taller than you.. LOL

For real though.. I would put money on this being a 3dr employee if not the big man himself. Funny but sad at the same time.

Reactions: leekiya
I am really appalled at the language that is been used in the past few days. Do I really need to read this type of post? Moderators I think it is time you step in and clean things up

Reactions: leekiya
Taller? what the **** what has got to do with anything? Ya scrawny ****.

Yep 225 is scrawny.. OK.

It was fun.. I think I heard your mom call you. Time for school :)

225 kilos? Thought that much. BARREL ***.
You just don't look dump you are.. I'm in the US and by the profile you live here as well.. We work in LB over here.. COVER BLOWN!!!

>dump
yea I can tell you're in the US, by your spelling, ya fuckin' jerky bastard
Yep **** auto correction got me again, I'm such a jerky bastard.. Man you 3dr clowns really should try to spend more time getting your craft out than getting drunk and creating troll accounts :)

Gezz, the prank call buz went south so we moved to prank posting? Post and poster would have more credibility with a better use of language. Moving on.

Look jerky, I don't need to talk to you. You don't wanna fuckin' read this, skip to the next post ya fuckin' barrel *** bastard.
Sure - you should be disappointed that your mother failed to impart any manners when you were growing up and in your formative years. Maybe you never went to school. Too late now as clearly your brain is too old to pick up any sort of civilised behaviour. You think your very clever calling people names and showing your vocabulary is rather limited.. ignorance is bliss.

Yep **** auto correction got me again, I'm such a jerky bastard.. Man you 3dr clowns really should try to spend more time getting your craft out than getting drunk and creating troll accounts :)
Was just about to ask Colin if he had been drinking heavily, lol.

what happened to the moderators on this site, since it changed, a lot of the content is questionable and off topic.
People rely on this site for valued information, and when trolls and other content gets thrown in, I find myself looking elsewhere for info.

Sorry just had to get it out there.

Over

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20