Ultrasonic sensor error

I ´cannnnot post video because the unit is lost. i don't have the video :( I am trying to contant DJJJI support i will let you know
just wantedd to say there is big isssue with p4 ultarasonic sensot

Please post the logs from the smart device..

My VPS will be OFF till there's more clear information what causes this sonar error.

I understand your fears but this error is not causing the crashes. Imho people are using them as escape goats or trying to scare people. Remember the Inspire has been using the same system for 6m, it's honestly just two different type of pilots.

But if turning VPS off makes you feel better please do, it really has no use outside unless flying low or using auto land.

Reactions: Skyy
I understand your fears but this error is not causing the crashes. Imho people are using them as escape goats or trying to scare people. Remember the Inspire has been using the same system for 6m, it's honestly just two different type of pilots.

But if turning VPS off makes you feel better please do, it really has no use outside unless flying low or using auto land.
Ok, thank you. Maybe I got a bit scared there indeed. And looks like there's one troll adding fuel to the fire.

Ok, thank you. Maybe I got a bit scared there indeed.

If you notice it's always a new account.. Not saying crashes don't happen but when the story doesn't add up that's when you start to ask yourself, what's really going on?

Reactions: Skyy
IMO, this is the problem w the RTF concept. People think that "it just works" out of the box, fail to do research, fail to have a pre flight checklist, fail to understand how flight modes work, etc, etc and just charge up and go... Saw this with the P2x except then it was "fly away" not "ultrasonic error". Very few people in this world take responsibility for their actions... when was the last time you got a " sorry I dented your door getting into my car" note? Probably never. But I bet you have a few on your car.

IMO, this is the problem w the RTF concept. People think that "it just works" out of the box, fail to do research, fail to have a pre flight checklist, fail to understand how flight modes work, etc, etc and just charge up and go... Saw this with the P2x except then it was "fly away" not "ultrasonic error". Very few people in this world take responsibility for their actions... when was the last time you got a " sorry I dented your door getting into my car" note? Probably never. But I bet you have a few on your car.

Now with logging people wont people able to keep the story straight for too long IF it was user error. I don't want people to think that I'm saying malfunction don't happen, it's just pretty **** rare. We already have thousands in the air and only a few valid reports of failures. That's way less than 1%, smart phone / tv manufactures have a hard time keeping that type failure rate and these things fly.

Now with logging people wont people able to keep the story straight for too long IF it was user error. I don't want people to think that I'm saying malfunction don't happen, it's just pretty **** rare. We already have thousands in the air and only a few valid reports of failures. That's way less than 1%, smart phone / tv manufactures have a hard time keeping that type failure rate and these things fly.
Yep. Smartest thing dji did for the P3 was flight logging (and lightbridge).

Do you think the few valid reports of failures is something DJI can sort with a firmware update. I know you wont be able to say much on this subject at this point, but just hoping what ever problems have come to there attention will be able to be corrected with a firmware update. I know there were a few crashes with the inspire on release, and from what i know that problem was quickly solved with a firmware update and legitimate crashed units replaced. I do have confidence with dji and hope this comment doesn't seem negative. :)

Gentlemen, I just had a clarifying thought during my recent nap...since I do not need the functionality provided by the VPS and plan on disabling it anyway, I have solved the problem of where to install my Drone-Mods UAV Locator! Yep, right where it belongs, and still on the center line and closer to the COG than a leg-mounting would be!!

Thanks for this thread!

Reactions: dysan911
VPS is interesting but not quite fully mature yet. I'd suggest keeping it off and turning it on only when you plan to use it.

If you notice it's always a new account.. Not saying crashes don't happen but when the story doesn't add up that's when you start to ask yourself, what's really going on?
We already had one hoax report about 12 hours ago and that new member was banned shortly after.
This new member also looks dubious. He's chosen the ID of someone famous for making prank calls.
i-J6HMJSQ-L.jpg

Reactions: Julius717
We already had one hoax report about 12 hours ago and that new member was banned shortly after.
This new member also looks dubious. He's chosen the ID of someone famous for making prank calls.
i-J6HMJSQ-L.jpg

Just shows what people will do to try to discredit a product..

I'm keeping my VPS ON ! I flew yesterday in the exact fashion of the OP (flying close to ground and the ground becomes a 12 foot drop down to a beach/waves)......Not one little hiccup while doing so from either direction multiple times....As soon as I first read the post I smelled trolling.....doesn't make a lick of sense.....and for those of you who decide to disable VPS based on shallow claims....WAT !
same claims in phone rom forums....("rom bricked my phone !!!") but yet 1000's of people running rom flawlessly, and then of course (few hundred make posts like "I'll wait till OP fixes rom before I flash" "don't wanna brick")
Maybe once you've been trolled it infects slightly to the point where "we" end up spreading troll thoughts and solutions.
Do as you will.....VPS stays on for this guy !

Reactions: Skyy and Julius717
back to my previous question about staying logged in to forum on iphone or having it remember password???

Suggest starting a new thread on that issue.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers