Ultrasonic sensor error

Here's the info on RCGroups on it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31547673&postcount=8116

"Just to make it clearer i was flying over land at a low height about 3 or 4 meters and I headed towards the sea where there is a sort of cliff edge or gradual slope really. As I went over the edge the phantom started descending. I tried to make it go up but it just kept descending!! Unfortunately at this point it was a couple of meters of the sea and went right in . Once in though it didnt stop - the blades kept spinning and then lifted out the water climbing to what I guess was about 20-30m (initially I said 50m but on reflection it was about 20-30m) It was still unresponsive but the return to home button worked and it landed. Cant believe it really!! I have the log files so I hope I can do something!"

You should post that his logs didn't report the same story ;)

Things people need to remember. Visioning on VPS is off when GPS is locked, Only sonar is active. If the sonar receives to much BAD data it will give you this warning, land as soon as you can and do a reboot.. The VPS system had nothing to do with the above crash, more than likely pilot error.

Understood, Blade, but I still see no value in VPS outdoors - am I maybe missing something? Wish I had mine so I could experiment...

Understood, Blade, but I still see no value in VPS outdoors - am I maybe missing something? Wish I had mine so I could experiment...

there really isn't but for a smooth landing for auto land.

True, but since I almost always hand catch, think I'll just turn it off after I play with it some...

Reactions: Bigdz

Things people need to remember. Visioning on VPS is off when GPS is locked, Only sonar is active. If the sonar receives to much BAD data it will give you this warning, land as soon as you can and do a reboot.. The VPS system had nothing to do with the above crash, more than likely pilot error.

Thanks blade i was hoping you would frow some light on this subject.

If we turn of VPS will that all so turn of sonar, so that error message wont pop up if it gets to much bad data, and would this even be a good idea. If sonar is just for auto landing then i can live without that for the time being.

many thanks blade.

Thanks blade i was hoping you would frow some light on this subject.

If we turn of VPS will that all so turn of sonar, so that error message wont pop up if it gets to much bad data, and would this even be a good idea. If sonar is just for auto landing then i can live without that for the time being.

many thanks blade.

Yes if you turn off the VPS, it will disable the complete system :)

Reactions: Bigdz and Julius717
Yeah, that thread moves too fast for details. :D

But yeah the logs don't match his story and I'm waiting to hear how it's handled once Germany reviews the logs. The whole thing was a confusing read.

Maybe it was a downdraft and he didn't have time to recover?

+1

My first thought too.

I never saw the need for this. Not to mention the added complexity and weight. But since we don't have a choice, we gotta take that hump on the bottom of our P3s o_O

I dont get it...vps and sonar two different sensors?

Will the p3 automatically land? When it gets this bad data? Can you flick into GPS mode and override?

There are a few new members joining forums to report this sensor error crash, do you have any pictures to post of it, or the video.

Man, this is starting to look worse than a heated cup holder in a sports car. Not only not needed, but crash causing as well. Why didn't DJI just address the previous flaws like ESC and GPS issues. Bring some improvements, like they did with range and camera, and stop there. But nooooo, let's put in some complicated piece of hardware to start a new class of issues entirely. Not good. Not good at all.

Reactions: Bigdz and leekiya
Seems a bit premature to assign blame at this point.

Flying r/c aircraft requires skill.

hi I just joined this forum to report I have sensor error and had a crash :( what I have read from many posts, there seems to be big issue with this sensor thing. I have now two broken propellers and a camera I will try to see what I can do with DJI support. this is not nice :(

Post a picture. Can you describe how the crashed happen? What mode was you flying in? What messages came up?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl