ultrasonic icon

Reaction score
hi, I understand the bit about the ultrasonic icon kicks in when it is between 0.3m and 3m and is the distance from aircraft to the ground beneath it. But I noticed this icon changes to a person icon when it goes above 3m and gives me a figure in meters which I do not know what it means at the moment - it does not seem to be height and does not seem to be distance from me to the aircraft (which is a different figure)..... and I cannot find any reference to it in the manual. So please could somebody tell me what this icon and figure means, thanks.

He is asking about the number in the lower right
i-NpPbD55-M.png

It's a mystery to me too.
It's always a similar value to the Distance number.
The icon suggests it's something like the distance from you.
I have plugged the numbers from several screenshots into a spreadsheet and can tell you that it isn't the straight line distance from the Phantom to you..
It's not the total distance flown either. At the end of a long flight, it still shows a number close to what is shown for distance.

He is asking about the number in the lower right
i-NpPbD55-M.png

It's a mystery to me too.
It's always a similar value to the Distance number.
The icon suggests it's something like the distance from you.
I have plugged the numbers from several screenshots into a spreadsheet and can tell you that it isn't the straight line distance from the Phantom to you..
It's not the total distance flown either. At the end of a long flight, it still shows a number close to what is shown for distance.
Possibly the D is the Distance from the Home Point or take of point and the Person Icon is the distance to the Pilot?? In this case, the pilot is 16.7 M from the home point???

Possibly the D is the Distance from the Home Point or take of point and the Person Icon is the distance to the Pilot?? In this case, the pilot is 16.7 M from the home point???
That's something to experiment with.
If it is that, the numbers are quite inaccurate. In the example above I was within 2 metres of home point and the difference shown is 17 metres.
In another I have a screenshot for and was close to home point, the difference is 14 metres.

That's something to experiment with.
If it is that, the numbers are quite inaccurate. In the example above I was within 2 metres of home point and the difference shown is 17 metres.
In another I have a screenshot for and was close to home point, the difference is 14 metres.
Yep-- now you have me curious-- going to do some experimenting.

Looking at screenshots, I find another variation.
The icon does look like it's indicating the distance from the operator to the plane.
Will have to mess around and walk a bit to see what it does.
i-Mwf3vJ3-L.png

Reactions: bobmyers
Did a trial today ... I think these screenshots are self explanatory.
I made sure the tablet had sat lock and walked around.
i-T4SLX32-M.png

i-NFHRTPc-M.png
Thanks for sharing:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj