Ultimaxx Pro Backpack

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anybody here own this backpack? Thinking of getting one for the P4P since it's just $50. Any thoughts or reviews?

Thanks!
D

Attachments

• Ultimaxx Pro.jpg
    Ultimaxx Pro.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 530
I was gonna purchase it a couple weeks ago, but shipping was gonna cost me more then the bag so I was like bugger that!! It's a good price but add 50-100 for shipping and the price goes from good to average very quick

I have had this backpack for about three weeks and am very pleased with it, I got it for 48.88 shipped to my door. It is one of the best thing I have bought for my P4P. It holds everything I need with room for more. You can pay 3-4 times the cost and not have any better backpack. I don't think you can go wrong with this backpack!

Reactions: higherperspective
I have had this backpack for about three weeks and am very pleased with it, I got it for 48.88 shipped to my door. It is one of the best thing I have bought for my P4P. It holds everything I need with room for more. You can pay 3-4 times the cost and not have any better backpack. I don't think you can go wrong with this backpack!

I wanted it don't get me wrong and I do think it's great, but not when it means that the cost of shipping is worth more then the item, i cant justify paying $50 for the bag yet to get it to my door was gonna cost something like $90 shipping fee all up $140 is not worth a $50 bag. Spewing though because it is one of the few backpacks that I would have purchased

Any negative thoughts on the backpack? How's the build quality?

I'm also getting the backpack $50 shipped if I decide to go with it.

Any negative thoughts on the backpack? How's the build quality?

I'm also getting the backpack $50 shipped if I decide to go with it.

**** u guys are lucky you don't live in Australia and have to pay the same cost shipping I do [emoji17][emoji22]

I have heard these are very similar in fact a copy of the manfrotto backpack which the manfrotto backpack is pretty expensive and I have heard great reviews on it, I personally would go for this over the manfrotto too as it's literally a replica for 1/5th of the price, correct me if I'm wrong. But I can't talk out of personal experience as I haven't owned either, but I did consider both at one point and manfrotto was to overpriced and the other was to overpriced in shipping costs

**** u guys are lucky you don't live in Australia and have to pay the same cost shipping I do [emoji17][emoji22]

I have heard these are very similar in fact a copy of the manfrotto backpack which the manfrotto backpack is pretty expensive and I have heard great reviews on it, I personally would go for this over the manfrotto too as it's literally a replica for 1/5th of the price, correct me if I'm wrong. But I can't talk out of personal experience as I haven't owned either, but I did consider both at one point and manfrotto was to overpriced and the other was to overpriced in shipping costs
Shipping cost is outrageous. That blows.

I might just bite the bullet since I got one positive review from @Roger5491.

Thank you all!

Shipping cost is outrageous. That blows.

I might just bite the bullet since I got one positive review from @Roger5491.

Thank you all!

I just double checked bag is $60 Aud and shipping will cost $108 which would bring the cost to $168 - making it not such a great deal anymore and the price becomes the average price for a backpack

Thanks guys I really wish that shipping wasn't almost 2 x the cost of it - enjoy

I have owned my Manfrotto backpack for about 6 months now. Since it is the only drone backpack I have owned, I can't compare it with anything. However, it is unbelievable, very high quality. I am very pleased with it. I plan on hauling my drone high in the mountains on my motorcycle and wanted a pack that would last. If anyone has had the chance of comparing the Ultimaxx to the Manfrotto, I am curious to hear! I may want to purchase an Ultimaxx as well.
Thanks!

I have owned my Manfrotto backpack for about 6 months now. Since it is the only drone backpack I have owned, I can't compare it with anything. However, it is unbelievable, very high quality. I am very pleased with it. I plan on hauling my drone high in the mountains on my motorcycle and wanted a pack that would last. If anyone has had the chance of comparing the Ultimaxx to the Manfrotto, I am curious to hear! I may want to purchase an Ultimaxx as well.
Thanks!

I can't speak from experience but I did do research and look into both at one stage as I was after something similar, I heard great stuff about the manfrotto but I found it to be out of my budget range, I then came across this and was told by people that it was almost identical, if it's only gonna cost you $50 I don't see what you got to loose. Me on the other hand would have to fork out $160 which is way to much for an item that cost $50, I'm getting robbed if I was to purchase lol...

Man shipping is outrageous outside the USA. I can't remember the last time I paid anything for shipping. I have the Manfrotto D1 but just found this Ultimaxx bag for $37 USD w/ free shipping so I'm going to do a comparison and sell one after.

I have had the Ultimaxx for over a year. No problems and I believe it must have been made in the same factory as the Manfrotto as the only difference I can see is the trim color. It seems high quality and as stated previously holds everything you need and more. I carry P4P, 5 batteries, RC, car charger, extra props, two sets of filters, sectional charts, more paperwork, air-traffic xcvr, gloves, Zero-G RC harness and more . Solid investment EVEN if you have to pay the $160 compared to over $300 for the Manfrotto.

Last edited:
I'm interested in either the Manfrotto, or Ultimaxx because I need something that will fit the Titan Atlas antenna system. Just from the pictures alone, the Manfrotto looks a little more solid and well put together.
P.S. I think they are both superior choices over the Polar Pro.

The Smatree backpack that came with my bundle has proven to be a great pack as well, mainly because it fits the original P4P styrofoam case, ensuring an exact fit for all the components.

I have the Manfrotto version which is awesome. I actually just ordered one of these for $37 and will arrive Tuesday so I can post a comparison. Here is the P4P loaded in...
IMG_0216.jpg

This is not so much about backpacks because I really don't have a need for one at the moment. At my age, I don't see me hiking up mountains and in the woods with my Phantom on my back. :sob:

But something that I don't understand is how shipping costs apply to a purchase. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon Canada over the years. Lots of stuff - no matter the cost of the item - comes with free shipping. And yet other things come with some shipping charges, and then there's items that I cancel when I see that the shipping cost will be more than the actual cost of the item . I've had stuff with free shipping delivered to my door in 2 days (I'm not a Prime member). I've paid for shipping and waited 2 weeks or more for delivery. The whole process is like a crap shoot whenever I order something. I never know what the actual cost is going to be until I get to checkout. Like I say... I've never understood how this works.

This is not so much about backpacks because I really don't have a need for one at the moment. At my age, I don't see me hiking up mountains and in the woods with my Phantom on my back. :sob:

But something that I don't understand is how shipping costs apply to a purchase. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon Canada over the years. Lots of stuff - no matter the cost of the item - comes with free shipping. And yet other things come with some shipping charges, and then there's items that I cancel when I see that the shipping cost will be more than the actual cost of the item . I've had stuff with free shipping delivered to my door in 2 days (I'm not a Prime member). I've paid for shipping and waited 2 weeks or more for delivery. The whole process is like a crap shoot whenever I order something. I never know what the actual cost is going to be until I get to checkout. Like I say... I've never understood how this works.
The person who wrote that is in Australia and likely has to import it from a country in Asia or another country elsewhere in the world. I have heard many Aussie's complain about this. In the USA shipping is almost always free unless it's a small order not from Amazon and Canada is usually free unless you have to order from down here is the states then you might pay shipping and definately border taxes and or brokerage fees.

So I got both the Ultimaxx Bag ($37.99) and the Manfrotto D1 Bag ($119.99) I found they are similar but you still get what you pay for... The Manfrotto is much higher quality in material, zippers and the way things fit. The battery storage on the Ultimaxx is for a P3 not P4/P4P so they are too small for storing P4 batteries. The Manfrotto is rigid in construction and well padded where the ultimaxx is flimsy. The ultimaxx bag is great for the money but to carry my $3000 in gear around I'll stick with the Manfrotto. Moral of story I returned the Ultimaxx bag.

1525382052619.jpg
1525382069439.jpg

Reactions: anotherlab and Kman
I have the Ultimaxx and while it's not the same level of quality as the Manfrotto, it has been good enough for me. I've been happy with how it contains my P3S and all of accessories. I wouldn't use it to carry it on a plane, but for everything else it fits my needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20