Ultimate luck. Landed 1.2 miles from home and 2 feet from water. No damage.

frank, how can his csv file have any data of value? he was long out of wifi range, so no data anywhere near time of decsent, right?
I am running Flytrex Core 2 on my birds. So I have data from power on until power off. So all of flight and the 24 minutes it sat on ground waiting for me to come get it ;) I powered phantom down when I got there. That is when data stops.

ah.... so you have full tim csv....want to post it here for some of us to look at? I was not aware you had full time data. it should tell what was cause of landing....

See attached

Attachments

• flytrex_quadcopter_mission_20150501.zip
    113.9 KB · Views: 182
I am running Flytrex Core 2 on my birds. So I have data from power on until power off. So all of flight and the 24 minutes it sat on ground waiting for me to come get it ;) I powered phantom down when I got there. That is when data stops.

There ya go.... The only other one I know that runs to flight loggers during each flight. I'll never fly without at least one. I have had trouble with one on occasion and was able to be backed up by the other. The sad part is the flytrex is falling behind in keeping up with the industry. And if the customer is using the can-bus adapter, they actually have the ability to do whatever they want with your bird.

Edit...

Do you have the UFA flight log .csv?

Not sure I am going to run it on the Solo when it comes (assuming Flytrex makes a harness). The data is supposed to be on the controller.... But you know how that goes.

As small and cheap as the Core 2 is I think it would be worth it for backup.

Not sure I am going to run it on the Solo when it comes (assuming Flytrex makes a harness). The data is supposed to be on the controller.... But you know how that goes.

As small and cheap as the Core 2 is I think it would be worth it for backup.

I think you might have missed my last post or two.

At 1st I couldn't understand why you removed the last 4-5 columns of data which were what is really needed in this case. But then I remembered you are using the Core2 and not a Live unit.

So let me ask this one again, do you have the .csv for the app you were using which has a flight logger?

Btw, I did notice around 13.45 minutes from start up to the time it was descending. And the one part that stuck out was the 2 minutes of around 15mph flying. But none of that really matters. It's what I can't see that does matter.

Frank I did not look. But I was not high enough to have good connectivity with the controller. So I am sure there is no data of value. Not to mention the Ultimate Flight app crashed on me after about 3 minutes !

13mins 45 seconds sounds about right from power on to start of descent. I a guessing there was almost 2 minutes of getting things ready.

Well I ordered a Solo a couple weeks ago. Said data will be on my controller :)

And I agree with you. Seems it would be easy to stream the telemetry to the card.

I am looking hard at Solo too, I sent them the following questions and have not heard back,

do you know the answer to any of these questions:

1. Are there preset altitude and distance limits for GSP aided flights? If so can they be adjusted to no limit?
2. Are there preset altitude and distance limits for GPS/waypoint/mission flights? If so can they be adjusted to no limit?
3. Is there a manual fight mode?
4. Is there a limit to the number of waypoints in the mission planner?
5. Is there a return to home function for low battery power?
6. Is there a return to home function for loss of control signal?
7. What is the projected flight time on a fully charged battery during mild environmental conditions and mild flight conditions?
8. What are the controller transmission/receive frequencies and respective output power?

Afraid I cant answer most of that. I dont know anything about the mission side of it.

I am told there is a RTH feature. The Solo operates on 2.4 although the ones at recent show were custom built and ran 5.8 to avoid interference. Output power unknown.

The flight time of the Solo seems to be the same as the Phantom. Roughly twenty minutes but up to 25 without gimbal and camera.

There is a Facebook owners group now that you can join. 3DR has staff responding to some questions.

Rich (hope that is right!), I looked at your csv file, and compared it to your cool video: is this all the data your flytrex thing records? no battery data? IF so, it is a shame! why don't they also include all that other info? You could have watched your batteries reported performance to help understand why it was landing.

Yes that is right. Rich.

The core does not have access to battery data which sucks. The Flytrex live does. I think you have to solder it to battery terminals. The Core 2 uses a Y cable in the GPS harness. I think all other data is the same.

But no battery details is huge.

I really think its a battery anomaly. To be honest I need to do a better job at draining my batteries.

I wonder about the 'drain them every 20 cycles' logic.... I want folks to send me bad ones so I can do some testing!

I agree it is probably a battery anomoly: but maybe not the same anomoly you are thinking of; I am wondering if dji smart batt algorithm needs some significant tweaking??

Its possible. Sometimes I think their logic is too smart for its own good. But I really know what is going on. Wondering if a momentary surge can set things in motion.

I looked at my Flytrex profile and I made the same flight with the exception of moving one way point out over lake more. Both previous flights were 3.1 miles at 15 mph and I came home with 30 to 40% battery both times. The last "FAIL" landed at 2.8 miles.

There is risk in stretching it out. I am trying to keep the return leg further south along the farm fields. Looks like I need one more way point to help this.

Turns out the heading map and incorrect max distance is in my opinion a flytrex bug. They try to paint the picture its a feature :)

From their FAQ.

12. I just finished a long distance flight with Flytrex, however, the max-distance is showing a shorter distance than the actual distance to the furthest point of my flight. What is the cause for this?
In most cases this happens if your landing point is different from your take-off point. Since Flytrex is all about multirotors and challenges, Flytrex algorithms measure the max-distance as the longest round-trip performed in a single mission, and is designed to ignore one-side trip. This means that is you landed half way back from your take-off point, the max-distance value will only be half of the absolute max-distance of your flight. This max-distance definition is designed to eliminate one-direction flights and defining the max-distance challenge to measure the longest round-trip flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic