Ultimate Flight w/GS on Dashware

Reaction score
I have been wanting to share this thread for a month now. But I didn't want to do it until I felt good about all aspects in general. Ken and myself, have shared both Highs and lows while tweaking things to both our standards. As of now the Flight Logger is working super good.

Keep in mind the technology is nothing new. It's that what we have been dialing in is to do with the SDK that DJI opened up for developers to build apps for depending on the need. Ken had the Flight Logger up and functional right away. The head aches came from numerous formulas that each category column calls for. At one time I counted 60 different things we were logging data for. And there was many things we could add above those 60. Not sure what it is now because I haven't counted recently. Ken also leaned the number count down a little in his last app update and added the ability to adjust the speed in milliseconds that the logger calls for data from the Phantom. In testing we were able to receive the data every 250ms. Thats a huge benefit for those of us that do Top Speed Flying.

I'll admit there is a few things left that need attention, but there is a ton ready now allowing Ken's app users the ability to come up with some sweet videos. Btw, that is most of what I was which was playing the role of a adviser in making sure the logger was setup with the right info so that users could have full use of all the current Gauges available. That to me was the most important part of using dashware.

In the video I just put together here it's best to view it in full screen. And pay attention to the readout values more so then where I'm flying. The gauge on the bottom of the screen is my most favorite of all gauges. I went completely through it in getting closer to my liking. The only that I don't have working to my standards is the two that display the Heading. Currently they both dance around too much. There is a fix for it I just can't remember what it was, yet.

Also, when any of you look at it in full screen let me know if you think my camera is displaying clearer then most? I does have a some jelly effect, but I want to know about the clarity of it.

And big thanks to Ken for getting this Flight Logger to the level is!

nice where did you get the graphic from? Is that extra download from the dashware website?

What graphic are you referring to?

I have been using dashware over a year now and have built up a lot of stuff to use with it. You can also make your own gauges as many people do and share them with each other.

Dashware can be as easy or hard to use as you want it to be. I used a video editing software and dashware to put together the above video.

Reactions: miket234
Nice stuff!- Can you also log and display amps and wifi signal strength ?

Logging amps could be logged now but wifi would need added in the sdk before logging dBm from the wifi .

Logging amps could be logged now but wifi would need added in the sdk before logging dBm from the wifi .
I think Amps and volts would be a great logging feature!

Provided the logged data has a high enough frequency and accuracy, you could monitor lots of interesting data like:
1) Battery is said to be rated at 10 C meaning you should be very cautious if recorded data is above 52 amps for longer periods of time and as video is synched to the logged data it would be very interesting to see the amps pulled during maximum throttle, fast forward speed etc.
3) Also interesting to see the watts (=amps*volts and create a calculated gauge in Dashware) at hover and checking how different propellers (like the older DJI and newer ones) or the different motors (new vs old) or additional weights etc differ in watts. As the more watts pulled the quicker your battery will deplete as well as age.
4) Of course these would be fantastic gauges to monitor battery health by creating graphs in Dashware over flight time / volts / amps.
And list goes on.

What do you think?
Do you have any flights with logged volts, amps and watts you could post in a video with Dashware?

The Flytrex profile uses GPS position data to calculate the heading, thus it works only when moving. To get the magnetic heading reported by the Phantom into the video the Flytrex profile needs to be edited to use the "yaw" column of the track file.

The flight logger is indeed a really nice feature. Having the telemetry data in the video really adds a lot to the videos.

The Flytrex profile uses GPS position data to calculate the heading, thus it works only when moving. To get the magnetic heading reported by the Phantom into the video the Flytrex profile needs to be edited to use the "yaw" column of the track file.

The flight logger is indeed a really nice feature. Having the telemetry data in the video really adds a lot to the videos.

Flytrex already has a yaw column in their logger profile. Or are you referring to something else?

Flytrex already has a yaw column in their logger profile. Or are you referring to something else?
Screenshot 2015-04-06 17.11.38.png
That's from Dashware's Flytrex profile. It uses GPS data to determine heading and not the magnetic heading which is logged by the Ultimate Flight app.

Screenshot 2015-04-06 17.14.52.png
It should look like this. This is from my own Ultimate Flight data profile.

Krisu, would you mind sharing your log profile? If so you can email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

No problem, sent.

Great! I'm looking forward to finally having some kind of comparison from someone else logger profile for the Ultimate Flight app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20