Ultimate Flight VS Litchi...my review and opinion

Reaction score
I had the chance to test both of these out. I thought you guys should know before you buy....This is just my opinion....I have been using both of the apps for a week now. UF has a lot more options to configure which is great. The app is tailored around the user. Litchi is more basic. Ken, the maker of UF, is very helpful if you have a problem and if you joined the Google group, he responds right away. One thing I don't like is that once you buy Litchi, you have to pay AGAIN to use the Orbit feature. I was really turned off about that. Its not the $3.50, its the principle. You pay for an app and then they want more money. UF is pay in one shot and that's it. And if you want a feature implemented into the UF app, Ken would be more than content with coding it, as long there is a consensus and as long as its not a stupid request. Try out UF and you wont be disappointed.

Reactions: SENC
I use them both and will support both, I can't stand Ken's interface though. As far as paying for Orbit etc, it does say it in the description in the Play store, sucks on principle maybe but it does mention it is an in app purchase.

Reactions: Heathvideo
Thanks, Shatty. I'm testing litchi for now, but please keep updating on UF functionality and what you prefer in one over the other.

if you are really opposed to paying for features, just wait for the official DJI app....

but the litchi guy does put in some really cool features including:

1. VR FPV
2. Follow-me with gimbal autopitch
3. Follow-me by dragging your finger on the map

Reactions: eseckinger
if you are really opposed to paying for features, just wait for the official DJI app....

but the litchi guy does put in some really cool features including:

1. VR FPV
2. Follow-me with gimbal autopitch
3. Follow-me by dragging your finger on the map
Kaehn is a great dev!

Well have been running both. Keep in mind we are comparing the Litchi which is in Alpha to the final release of Ultimate.

I like the features of Ultimate as the Litchi is basically a mission application at this point.

One thing for me is Ultimate is and always has been buggy. It is prone to crashing on my P3 and always was on my Vision plus. 3 different devices. Now I have not been using Litchi long enough for a lot of history however it has not crashed yet.

Litchi undoubtedly has the better interface and the missions including orbit are much better in my opinion.

It appears the SDK for a really cool interface has a lot of potential. I am concerned Litchi will not be able to develop it fast enough before we are on to the P4 or something else and Ultimate is well buggy.

At this point I have no desire to run Ultimate anymore. I am either going to run the pilot app for general flying or Litchi for missions.

Kaehn is very responsive, you would be surprised. Litchi every version including alphas have never crashed on me..

Yes. I had a couple questions and he was on top of it. What he has done so far is really good.

I only use Litchi. I was also put off by the extra cost for POI, but the guy is selling software. I bought it but haven't yet used it.

What I would love to see is the POI section integrated with GS. Fly a route to a POI, circle it and continue the route. While I am dreaming, partial circles, and circles of infinite radius (lines) so I can program a flight along a cliff and film perpendicular to the flight path.

I only use Litchi. I was also put off by the extra cost for POI, but the guy is selling software. I bought it but haven't yet used it.

What I would love to see is the POI section integrated with GS. Fly a route to a POI, circle it and continue the route. While I am dreaming, partial circles, and circles of infinite radius (lines) so I can program a flight along a cliff and film perpendicular to the flight path.

Litchi (in alpha testing) can pretty well do this now as POI has been added to GS missions. Though orbit isn't integrated, because litchi has curved lines between waypoints it would be simple to craft a series of WPs around a POI as well as WPs leading to and away from it.

Reactions: JBG
I have been a user of the Ultimate Flight app since the 1st day. I have even had some hardcore disagreements with the UF developer. But never once has he came off as not having the time.

One thing that has always stood out is the fact that one has a team working on app development, and the other is a One Man Show.

Regardless...... It's just nice that we have options and choices out there. :cool:

Reactions: SENC
sorry for taking back this topic, but anyone knows if its possible to save litchi video previews like in dji go?

Well have been running both. Keep in mind we are comparing the Litchi which is in Alpha to the final release of Ultimate.

I like the features of Ultimate as the Litchi is basically a mission application at this point.

One thing for me is Ultimate is and always has been buggy. It is prone to crashing on my P3 and always was on my Vision plus. 3 different devices. Now I have not been using Litchi long enough for a lot of history however it has not crashed yet.

Litchi undoubtedly has the better interface and the missions including orbit are much better in my opinion.

It appears the SDK for a really cool interface has a lot of potential. I am concerned Litchi will not be able to develop it fast enough before we are on to the P4 or something else and Ultimate is well buggy.

At this point I have no desire to run Ultimate anymore. I am either going to run the pilot app for general flying or Litchi for missions.
I agree.... I've paid for and tested just about all the apps out there, UF, although I liked it was one of the first I deleted; the only reason was the app crashes, it just got so annoying, been beta testing Litchi forever, haven't had an app crash yet. Litchi is solid, at least for my ACER and P3A...

Reactions: rrmccabe
...One thing I don't like is that once you buy Litchi, you have to pay AGAIN to use the Orbit feature...

This is no longer the case, the latest release includes the Orbit feature and has no in-app purchases. Litchi has worked flawlessly so far in every mode with my P3P and Shield tablet - big thumbs-up!

This is no longer the case, the latest release includes the Orbit feature and has no in-app purchases. Litchi has worked flawlessly so far in every mode with my P3P and Shield tablet - big thumbs-up!
Yes he changed that quite a while ago. That didn't bother me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

no one can give me a help? i just need to know if its possible to save preview files like in dji go with litchi, i tried everything

no one can give me a help? i just need to know if its possible to save preview files like in dji go with litchi, i tried everything
Not possible at this time.

So what is a "preview file"?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20