Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

flyNfrank said:
kenargo, is there anyway you can add a flight logger to your app?

The last 2 releases have a flight recorder. The csv file is in the documents folder on the device. I plan to add flight replay but I think that will wait until I get this one out the door and on the Play store otherwise I'll forever be developing the first version.

kenargo,
Got the new release 3 (1-25) of the app installed. While I have not tried it with the phantom yet as it is not where I am at the moment, I have a couple observations/suggestions.

I notice in settings that the entire setting option line will switch the setting on or off and I accidentally switched a couple on or off while just scrolling through the settings as there is little or no delay in selecting. As a suggestion, it would probably be better if the active area for each setting line is just over the on off slider area and may eliminate some complaints about settings not taking or changing.

Other thing I notice is on the map screen (from colored map button) that I assume will be for the ground station way point mapping, the map instruction overlay about the map moving to location and caching does not disappear from in front of the map and there appears to be no dismiss button for the message.

Otherwise first looks are very good!

Thanks for the hard work!

The Ultimate Flight app I've been working on is getting very close to release...

The new release just posted includes the following updates and changed:

Change: removed Phantom Tracks button; it will not be part of 1st release.

Update: Flight log is being recorded and future releases will make use of the information. Logs are recorded in CSV format and are located in the documents\DJI_Ultimate_Flight folder

New: 3 display modes accessed by touching swap icon in lower right of screen. Original (live+map), full live, full map.

Fixed CPU utilization when using variable gimbal

Change: Moved orientation radar to from bottom-left to new location top-left

PhilD13 said:
kenargo,
Got the new release 3 (1-25) of the app installed. While I have not tried it with the phantom yet as it is not where I am at the moment, I have a couple observations/suggestions.

I notice in settings that the entire setting option line will switch the setting on or off and I accidentally switched a couple on or off while just scrolling through the settings as there is little or no delay in selecting. As a suggestion, it would probably be better if the active area for each setting line is just over the on off slider area and may eliminate some complaints about settings not taking or changing.

Other thing I notice is on the map screen (from colored map button) that I assume will be for the ground station way point mapping, the map instruction overlay about the map moving to location and caching does not disappear from in front of the map and there appears to be no dismiss button for the message.

Otherwise first looks are very good!

Thanks for the hard work!

I will need to see what Android give me; the settings UI surface is an Android surface and I only specify the title, type of setting and description, after that Android handles everything and it should work the same on my app as any other app using settings. I'll see what I can do but in order to change the behavior it might take me creating a custom settings surface and not use the one built-into Android.

The map screen you are referring to is the offline map cache page. It is intended to allow you to select an area you will be flying in order to pre-cache the map. Ground Station is not yet implemented; I am focused on camera functionality 1st time around. I'll Add a title to the screen so that it is clear the intention of the page.

Thanks for the feedback; let me know what you think of the new version I just updated. I added a long awaited and asked for screen mode control.

Enjoy!

kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:

The last 2 releases have a flight recorder. The csv file is in the documents folder on the device. I plan to add flight replay but I think that will wait until I get this one out the door and on the Play store otherwise I'll forever be developing the first version.

Great. Does the .csv file you are talking about look and have similar data as what I have in the image below?

Attachments

• 1fltlog.jpg
    1fltlog.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 472

hot dog said:
kenargo said:
Yes, at this time I have no plans to create an iOS version.
Why?

3 reasons

1) Time: I have about 600 hours into the Android version and that is before any Ground Station functionality or other features I want like to include.
2) Equipment: I do not own a Mac so the cost to get a development environment up and running would be fairly high.
3) There is another app in the Mac space, I am referring to the Booster App which has the iOS space covered and now that Booster has live screen and map it may not be the best business plan to enter that space.

This is my opinion today, things change and while the above is what I'm thinking today, it could change.

flyNfrank said:
kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:

Great. Does the .csv file you are talking about look and have similar data as what I have in the image below?

It has some of the same data; how much do you think would be appropriate? There are large amounts of data available; I could capture it all but in the current form I'm reporting flight.

logString.append("Time").append(",");
logString.append("Latitude").append(",");
logString.append("Longitude").append(",");
logString.append("HomeLatitude").append(",");
logString.append("HomeLongitude").append(",");
logString.append("PowerPercent").append(",");
logString.append("Altitude-M").append(",");
logString.append("SatelliteCount").append(",");
logString.append("Speed").append(",");
logString.append("Pitch").append(",");
logString.append("Roll");

A few are not reported in the Phantom, Pressure for instance is not exposed, nor is outside temperature. Distance is an easy calculation but I could add it since I do have the value already calculated.

I also have things like battery discharge, battery temp and more.

Your opinion: do you feel that more is better or is more just noise? I could report it all and let individuals decide what they want to look at. What do you think?

kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:
kenargo said:

It has some of the same data; how much do you think would be appropriate? There are large amounts of data available; I could capture it all but in the current form I'm reporting flight.

logString.append("Time").append(",");
logString.append("Latitude").append(",");
logString.append("Longitude").append(",");
logString.append("HomeLatitude").append(",");
logString.append("HomeLongitude").append(",");
logString.append("PowerPercent").append(",");
logString.append("Altitude-M").append(",");
logString.append("SatelliteCount").append(",");
logString.append("Speed").append(",");
logString.append("Pitch").append(",");
logString.append("Roll");

A few are not reported in the Phantom, Pressure for instance is not exposed, nor is outside temperature. Distance is an easy calculation but I could add it since I do have the value already calculated.

I also have things like battery discharge, battery temp and more.

Your opinion: do you feel that more is better or is more just noise? I could report it all and let individuals decide what they want to look at. What do you think?

Wow...you could be a new best friend with this kind of potential. Let me get some sleep and I will look over your list along with what else I know to be available options. Thanks and keep up the great work.

My opinion of what to report would be to report what you can get and then let the end user decide what they want to use. As a csv many programs would be available to look at the data in many ways and it does not take much space. I could see where many of the parameters would or could come in very handy.

Making the maps show the Hybrid version would be very helpful.

Thanks for the explanation on the touch parameters. I am not familiar with how android does things. I thought you would just be able to specify a third of the active area (over the on/off indicator as the touch to change value area. Or specify 2 buttons. Divide active touch surface of slider in half. If the finger is over the off side of the slider change value to off or change value to on if finger is over the on area of slider. Any of that make sense?

Anyway, I think the app is coming along nicely and I am very much looking forward to further development and implementation of features. Especially ones in the "Features once I complete L1 implementation, needs L2 SDK:" section.

I have the Vision +, and the Flytrex Core 2.
I tried to purchase Dashware, but it seems that they are no longer in business. I opted for RaceRender, instead.
I downloaded your app, and love it. I was a little leery on using it, due to the posts stating that the app crashed during flight.
I downloaded the latest update, today, and am looking forward to trying it out.
Do you have an approx. ETA on when the Ground Station will be available?
It would be great to be able to setup circular/curved waypoints (not sure what they are called.

Thanks for taking your time to develop a great piece of software, for the Phantom.

Craig

Ok here's a list that at least more then 95% should be able to be added. Look it over and add your list to seee what we can come with. Btw, as you know we have to start somewhere.

latitude
longitude
altitude(feet)
ascent(feet)
speed(mph)
speed_vertical(mph)
distance(feet)
max_altitude(feet)
max_ascent(feet)
max_speed(feet)
max_distance(feet)
time(milliseconds)
time(local)
time(flight)
satellites(gps)
power
pitch
roll
yaw
motor on
battery info

How is this for a list:

time
bearingMeToPhantom;
bearingPhantomToHome;

All distances are reported in meters
distancePhantomToHome;
distanceMeToPhantom;
distanceMeToHome;
lastHomeLockDistance;
smartBatteryRadiusForGohome;

smartBatteryNeedTimeForGoHome;
smartBatteryNeedTimeForLand;

returnToHomeAltitude;

zeroOffsetForAltitude;

rangeExtenderPowerLevel;
rangeExtenderWIFISignal;

mostRecentMcStatus

Battery reporting:

designedVolume
fullChargeVolume
currentElectricity
currentVoltage
currentCurrent
remainPowerPercent
remainLifePercent
batteryTemperature
dischargeCount

Camera reporting:

isCameraOverHeated
isCameraSensorError
isConnectedToPC
isInvalidOperation
isRecording
isSDCardExist
isSeriousError
isTakingContinusPhoto
isTakingMultiPhoto
isTakingOnePhoto
isTakingRawPhoto
isTimeSynced
isUSBMode

MCU Reporting:

satelliteCount
homeLocationLatitude
homeLocationLongitude
phantomLocationLatitude
phantomLocationLongitude
velocityX
velocityY
velocityZ
speed
altitude
pitch
roll
yaw
remainPower
remainFlyTime
powerLevel
isFlying
noFlyStatus
noFlyZoneCenterLatitude
noFlyZoneCenterLongitude
noFlyZoneRadius

The Zero offset for altitude.....
I know it was an asked for feature, but is that not kind of dangerous to do? I mean lets say my AGL is off by + 20 ft. I zero it out in the app but the phantom still is using the wrong value for it's height calculations. I can see where someone would zero out the app AGL reading and then forget the phantom is actually 20 ft lower than it really is and fly right into something. Or is my thinking off on this?

How about the data is exported in the units that are set in the App? Metric, Standard. Would there be any reason that the log should be in a different format then what the user is using to display telemetry data? Also, the more data you send the higher the bandwidth, will this cause more lag or lack of distance? Could there be a list in the setup, like a list and a person could just put a check mark on what they wanted exported/logged.

kenargo said:
How is this for a list:
All distances are reported in meters

hi ken

a sugestion for the outout of the logger would be make it conpatible with dashware, i have tried to use the log file ouput from your app and sync it with the video using dashware but it does not read the data, i think its something to do with wich and how the data is displayed... or maybe im doing something wrong :shock: :) .
either way it would be really cool if we could use the flight log to overlay it to the video using dashware.

cheers

PhilD13 said:
The Zero offset for altitude.....
I know it was an asked for feature, but is that not kind of dangerous to do? I mean lets say my AGL is off by + 20 ft. I zero it out in the app but the phantom still is using the wrong value for it's height calculations. I can see where someone would zero out the app AGL reading and then forget the phantom is actually 20 ft lower than it really is and fly right into something. Or is my thinking off on this?

It is off by default and used as an offset in display information. If a user would turn this on then when the motors start the offset is calculated and used in display information. I don't see how this would be any different than the Phantom reporting its altitude incorrectly, which could be off in either (high or low). Using the current scenario, you would start flight and let's say altitude is +20 meters off; the display shows 20 meters. When you fly over something you would need to remember what it was off by and fly altitude + 20 meters. In the case that a user enabled the offset you would not need to remember what it was off by because flying until the reading was X the Phantom would still report X+20 and only the display would report X. (Hmm, that sounds clear as mud but hopefully it's somewhat understandable).

The interesting issue will come when I start doing GSP flight. It makes sense to use the offset in waypoints because it saves the user from doing the math but it the app does the math or the user does the math it needs to be done and I'd trust the app to remember (what was the altitude when I started) much more than my own memory especially on a day that I might making multiple flights that had varying amounts of offset.

Maybe I don't understand your concern. Feel free to clarify if you think I am not addressing your question but I've spent a fair bit of time mapping out the what-ifs and don't see an issue.

Once I get into using the value for GPS flight it does get interesting; for example I might use the max of reported altitude + offset vs reported altitude; so that the app isn't adjusting down; in effect making a floor to the offset but I haven't finished mapping out all those scenarios.

kickthefences said:
hi ken

a sugestion for the outout of the logger would be make it conpatible with dashware, i have tried to use the log file ouput from your app and sync it with the video using dashware but it does not read the data, i think its something to do with wich and how the data is displayed... or maybe im doing something wrong :shock: :) .
either way it would be really cool if we could use the flight log to overlay it to the video using dashware.

cheers

The file is comma-delimited which I have read that Dashware can read, parse and use but to be honest when I went to purchase Dashware I found that they are no longer so I'm kind of stuck :(

If you are able to shed some light on what would need to be changed I will certainly entertain it but lacking the app to test with I am at a disadvantage to make it work without Dashware owners reporting what they know.

kenargo, Your list is very extensive. It is sort of like a different language to me. The way my is worded is pretty much the same as most of the running programs like Dashware communicate to that wording. I have no idea how it all might co exist?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4