Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

meijvogel said:
Download with pc, laptop and tablet. Using Android 4.4.2. but gives me the parsing error when trying to install.

Edit...

I've added a second method to download the APK file using an HTML 5 download attribute. It appears that on some devices the primary download method is not working well and results in parsing errors.

Can you try the alternative download link; located just under the primary one on the page you visited before and see if that works for you?

Sorry about the issues,
Ken

I'm investigating; there does appear to be an issue with the download functionality.

I'll report back shortly.

I've added a second method to download the APK file using an HTML 5 download attribute. It appears that on some devices the primary download method is not working well and results in parsing errors.

Can you try the alternative download link; located just under the primary one on the page you visited before and see if that works for you?

Sorry about the issues,
Ken

Just downloaded and played with the app.... I must say that I like it, the voice info is awsome and I really like the video auto on/off.... Had I had that in the past, I wouldn't have lost some great videos....

THANK YOU

Hi ken

Already been testing your app, i have to say its great, doesnt crash this time, cant wait for you to hit ground station :cool:
The only thing... Dont. Know if it happens in phones... But the app main ui before you go to the camera, looks really blurry, i mean the icons appear to me like 8 bit ones, apart from that all is good.
Kudos for this and keep up the good work :cool: :) .

Cheers

Testing in the backyard went fine and I like it. A bit confused with the warning: "warning home location too far".
I suppose it is referring to the distance between the Phantom and the RC unit. Meaning, covering some satellites with my body gives me
extra warnings.
When I do see the H in the screen, what is the risk of switching off the spoken warning ?

the previous version worked fine for me, I just dloaded the newest version and when i open the app, I get no connection to the data, and the video shows "live stream unavailable....

Using a Samsung Tab 3 Mod/SM-t210 Android Verion 4.4.2 - Stockrom refreshed edition4.4.2

meijvogel said:
Testing in the backyard went fine and I like it. A bit confused with the warning: "warning home location too far".
I suppose it is referring to the distance between the Phantom and the RC unit. Meaning, covering some satellites with my body gives me
extra warnings.
When I do see the H in the screen, what is the risk of switching off the spoken warning ?

Yes, it is distance reported home location to the pilot.

Spoken warnings are a feature that can be turned off; no risk as they are also spoken during flight information (if you leave that on) and would show on-screen as well. In addition you can select which ones to have on and which to have off and even set the limits to when they are spoken.

Hope this helps.

RCF - DRONE said:
the previous version worked fine for me, I just dloaded the newest version and when i open the app, I get no connection to the data, and the video shows "live stream unavailable....

Using a Samsung Tab 3 Mod/SM-t210 Android Verion 4.4.2 - Stockrom refreshed edition4.4.2

The connection and video screen has not changed between versions; I assume you are connected to the Phantom's Wi-Fi when you start the app? Are you seeing any other readings; altitude, location, etc.? This will tell me if the Wi-Fi connection is active.

Thanks

BlackTracer said:
When I select the map from the main menu, the help overlay stays up and there is no way to close it.

Correct, in the current version you will always have the video and map on-screen. There is currently no method to affect the map or video sizes but it is in the plans.

Thanks for making your suggestion.

kickthefences said:
Hi ken

Already been testing your app, i have to say its great, doesnt crash this time, cant wait for you to hit ground station :cool:
The only thing... Dont. Know if it happens in phones... But the app main ui before you go to the camera, looks really blurry, i mean the icons appear to me like 8 bit ones, apart from that all is good.
Kudos for this and keep up the good work :cool: :) .

Cheers

Icons are in fact 8 bit; I've been focused on functionality, artwork is way in the background!

I don't know how much I can do in order to affect video; the video feed and decoding to the screen is controlled by DJI code and not me. Have you tried turning up the resolution? I've found that in Android at least the feed it always highest resolution and the setting only affects the decoder. Odd, yes, but that is how it works.

Today's flight with current version update
Screen Recorder root app mic turned on
DJI Ultimate Flight Beta Test 2: http://youtu.be/-nnaDuRwEUI

Bigdz said:
Today's flight with current version update
Screen Recorder root app mic turned on
DJI Ultimate Flight Beta Test 2: http://youtu.be/-nnaDuRwEUI

Thanks for the video; I see the crash and will see if I can reproduce it here and fix accordingly and also noticed that the home locater within the radar image didn't appear to work and I'll look at that.

Did you have any other issues that you I should take note of?

Got new App, re-upgraded all firmware, even tho my firmware versions matched the current new firmwares. Checked all systems on Assistant App. Went out to an airfield, flew successfully 4 flights, never noticed any of the "new" app additions (like Phantom's LED lights on my Phone screen...but didn't care) Had plenty of satellites 8-10 at all times, compass calibrated, hovered like a champ. Final flight, took off, hovered, moved it around a little about 20ft in front of me, all good. Then my friend powered on his Hubsan X4 about 20ft behind me, next thing I know my Phantom is coming towards me at a downward angle, motors still running, crash and roll multiple times to the grassy ground! Phone screen says "Phantom Connection Broken". It didn't bother with RTH Failsafe. WTF?! Bent Gimbal plate that mounts-under-quad, camera OK due to Killer RC Gimbal guard...Now when I power on and connect my phone, DJI App doesn't show number of satellites or battery power of Phantom. DJI App does show battery power of Range Extender. Also Phantom displays Green steady flashing lights to indicate it has at least 7 satellites (new to App). Camera view is viewable on phone, camera tilt wheel on RC Controller works, camera tilt on App does not work. So without another flight, back to reality, I assume all is well except for seeing the number of sats on my phone screen??? Could the Hubsan be the cause of the "Phantom Connection Broken" ? I have a P2V+ V2. ESC's and motors are fine.

Sorry! That happened. I took the same risk when I fired mine up... and flew it around this morning using the same app. I'm not affiliated in anyway to developer and I'm no expert. But if you look at the video. I was flying: around...by...and near a gentleman flying a Blade 450. I doubt the husband would cause this to happen but again JMO.

I think you guys are confusing this app and the new dji app update...
Its not the same thing...
Jmo☺

kickthefences said:
I think you guys are confusing this app and the new dji app update...
Its not the same thing...
Jmo☺

It does sound that way.

This thread is an app that I am working on; details on the web at: http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/. It is NOT the same as the DJI Vision app, which list mine is a camera flight app for the Vision and Vision+ but they are not the same. The Vision app is free and is in the Play Store, at this time my app is free, download fro the website above and NOT in the Play Store.

Please don't confuse the 2.

That said; I am sorry about your crash but neither my app nor the Vision app would cause something like you describe. From the description it sounds like some interference but it is hard to say for certain.

kenargo, is there anyway you can add a flight logger to your app?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl