Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

The question mark next to the extender is an indication that the app isn't receiving information about the extender. I thought it better to show a "?" rather than a "0". Why the DJI SDK isn't reporting information on the extender I cannot say but I'll see what I can come up with to help retry the connection.

The pop-up about the voice file download comes from Android and I don't think I can intercept it. It is likely happening when the live window is activating. If you open the live window 1st with an internet connection it should download the voice files, then connect to the Phantom and all should be well. I'll look at moving the initial voice initialization code into the main window so that the download happens before going into the live screen; that should result in the Android pop-up happening when the app 1st opens. Once you have the voice file you should not see the pop-up again.

The crash is inside the DJI SDK and I moved it, in the update posted last night, so that it happens when closing the app. If you are seeing the crash when moving from the live screen back to the main screen you may have an older version and I'd suggest updating. DJI is investigating but for now I'm trying to make it as painless as possible.

Live screen is all DJI code; their SDK does the decoding and display. If the image is grainy check your live video resolution settings; I think the default is quite low which would explain the image being less than clear.

Voice can be turned off as well as controlled as to how much is said, how often, etc. Look at the main settings menu in the main screen; "Speech Settings". Lots of configuration options.

Home point set by touching map has a lot of checks around it. There is a confirmation dialog as well as tests that the distance is within the distance you have configured as being too far with appropriate warnings. DHP uses the device GPS location and the icon updates on screen as it moves so you can see where it is at all times (the icons on screen are from the Phantom, not the app so you actually see what the Phantom thinks is the home point).

Thanks for testing...

morph000 said:
Can't install APK. Get a parsing error.
Any ideas ?

I'm taking a guess here; I've never seen a parsing error but do you have the "allow installation of untrusted apps" checked? It is usually under security settings.

What version of Android?

Looks the goods.
Cant wait to test it.

Do you know if it has limitations on a modified Vision Plus (non upgrade) with H33d+Gopro 3+BE?
I assume it should be the same limitations as the DJI app where by you cannot adjust camera settings on the fly.

I'll keep you posted.

Edit:
The DJI app has the ability to tell the phantom to do a compass calibration.
Are you able to send commands to the Phantom to reset home point and course lock direction in mid flight with a press of a button?

Current method to reset Course Direction is to flick the left toggle from upper to mid x 5 and wait for green rapid flashes.
Current method to reset Home Position is to flick the left toggle from md to lower x 5 and wait for green rapid flashes.

And currently, on firmwares 3.0 and up, it takes numerous times to reset course direction and home positions.
Your button would save our switches and battery flight times. Much appreciated :)

Mako79 said:
Looks the goods.
Cant wait to test it.

Do you know if it has limitations on a modified Vision Plus (non upgrade) with H33d+Gopro 3+BE?
I assume it should be the same limitations as the DJI app where by you cannot adjust camera settings on the fly.

I'll keep you posted.

Edit:
The DJI app has the ability to tell the phantom to do a compass calibration.
Are you able to send commands to the Phantom to reset home point and course lock direction in mid flight with a press of a button?

Current method to reset Course Direction is to flick the left toggle from upper to mid x 5 and wait for green rapid flashes.
Current method to reset Home Position is to flick the left toggle from md to lower x 5 and wait for green rapid flashes.

And currently, on firmwares 3.0 and up, it takes numerous times to reset course direction and home positions.
Your button would save our switches and battery flight times. Much appreciated :)

Thanks for you interest...

I am unaware about the specifics of the "modified Vision Plus (non upgrade)" or how the SDK supports it but I can answer your questions in the context of what I know; Vision and Vision+

* Yes, you can adjust camera settings on the fly in the current version
* Start compass calibration will be included soon (maybe the next beta refresh or the one after that)
* The app supports 2 methods to set home point: dynamic (follow the pilot's device location) and map point (touch the map, confirm the setting and new home point is set)

I assume you are asking for a method to set course lock and home lock? Home lock I think I mentioned above and both methods work today though I am planning to change how you start the map touch to set home point. The current method works well but I'd like something a bit more intuitive.

In the current version of the Phantom SDK there is no method to reset course lock but if the next version (expected late Feb if sources are correct) has this ability I will expose UI for it.

Did I answer your questions?

kenargo, thanks for sharing what you have so far. I plan to post your app info on my site in the next few days. I'm looking forward to testing the Ultimate Flight app. Mainly because it appears you are dedicated to working on it and you seem to be passionate to getting it to it's 100% working level. Thanks again for sharing this app.

Yes my phone allows untrusted apps and I've installed quite a few APKs without trouble.
I use Kaspersky Internet Security suite for extra protection, but that's not interfering.
Samsung Note 2. JB 4.1.2

Maybe a corrupted file or maybe you could put it on the Google Play store?

morph000 said:
Yes my phone allows untrusted apps and I've installed quite a few APKs without trouble.
I use Kaspersky Internet Security suite for extra protection, but that's not interfering.
Samsung Note 2. JB 4.1.2

I did a google on this

http://androidforums.com/threads/parse- ... ad.800024/

Might wanna read around other threads

crash1sttime said:
morph000 said:
Samsung Note 2. JB 4.1.2

I did a google on this

http://androidforums.com/threads/parse- ... ad.800024/

Might wanna read around other threads

I was wondering about that being the case; the app is currently 4.2 JellyBean and above which makes sense why you are getting the error.

kenargo said:
morph000 said:
Can't install APK. Get a parsing error.
Any ideas ?

I'm taking a guess here; I've never seen a parsing error but do you have the "allow installation of untrusted apps" checked? It is usually under security settings

What version of Android?

Download it again from another computer then copy to sd and run it.

Can't see any mention of system requirements and as I rooted my phone with 4.1 and don't want to upgrade, that's it for this app for me...

I don't want to upgrade as:

1. It's working perfectly now
2. Don't want the hassles of unrooting/OTW/flashing/re-rooting
3. Don't want to lose custom settings
4. Don't want the battery issues with later versions
5. Don't want the Knox issues.

So...is there a specific reason for implementing JB4.2 as a minimum requirement ?

I am running 4.4.2 and am also getting the parsing error trying to install.

Kelvinator said:
I am running 4.4.2 and am also getting the parsing error trying to install.

Interesting; I have many testers running 4.4.2, I alone have 3 devices all running 4.4.2 and I've not seen this problem. I'll need to do some more research as to other possible causes.

See if this thread helps; it shows a few methods addressing the error and possible causes. I've just tried again on my device, uninstalling, clearing cache and re-downloading and the app is downloading and working (my device is a Samsung Tab S running 4.2.2).

Let me know how you do.

morph000 said:
Can't see any mention of system requirements and as I rooted my phone with 4.1 and don't want to upgrade, that's it for this app for me...

If I change to a lower Android SDK level I will let you know. Sorry you will not be able to use the app as-is.

flyNfrank said:
kenargo, thanks for sharing what you have so far. I plan to post your app info on my site in the next few days. I'm looking forward to testing the Ultimate Flight app. Mainly because it appears you are dedicated to working on it and you seem to be passionate to getting it to it's 100% working level. Thanks again for sharing this app.

Yeah thanks for the kind words.

Can I not use the waypoints feature with an iphone? I JUST got a new iphone with FPV and waypoints in mind. I had read up on it and I thought you could set way points on an Iphone.

ccase39 said:
Can I not use the waypoints feature with an iphone? I JUST got a new iphone with FPV and waypoints in mind. I had read up on it and I thought you could set way points on an Iphone.

Did you mean to post this in a different thread, this is for an Android app?

ccase39 said:

If you download the official DJI app, the yes you can use ground station (waypoints) in the app.

Release Candidate 1

This release is the release I plan to post to the Google Play Store. I feel that it is very close but I need you to let me know what you like and don't like!

Download: http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/
Like it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJIUltimateFlight

Changed are detailed below:

New: Moved speech initialization into main activity so that pop-up to download voice files happens before connecting to live screen

Change: App refreshes individual camera menu values when not detected; prior to this all items refreshed at once which could lead to one or more items not updating when there was a communications error between the Phantom and device.

New: Display units have been added for Imperial (US) and Metric (everyone else). Default = Metric

New: Calibrate compass button, complete with instruction.

New: Advance Setup menu added in main configuration.

New: Calibrate altitude to 0. Located on the new Advanced Settings menu, default off. When enabled the app will read the current reported altitude when the motors are switched from off to on and apply the value as an offset for flight altitude reporting. This is for display and reporting only.

New: Screen layout. Icons moved along the top, video and map screen layout sizes optimized. Camera and Video buttons relocated.

Changed: Expanded on-screen text information to fill screen bottom

New: Phantom direction bearing indicator, lower left of screen.

New: A home location marker is visible within the compass to indicate Phantom's bearing to home.

Removed: Removed SD card as an on-screen indicator. The status of the SD is reported on the new pre-flight report.

Fixed: When speech is turned off the indicator for "Say flight information" should show off to match

Removed: Time remaining was removed. It always reports 0 due to bug in DJI SDK

New: Distance options: report distance as the distance between the Phantom to the pilot or distance Phantom to Home (default: to home).

New: Added warning text before software expires so give reminder to install a newer version. This is only used during beta, once online in the Play Store there will be no expiration.

New: Flight timer

New: FPV Mode settings (Vision+ ONLY)

New: Pre-flight Report card. Checks and reports on MCU status, satellite count, home point set, distance, Phantom battery, extender battery, camera and SD card

New: Phantom Tracks - saves flight information into a CSV file. Future versions will enable offline flight reply.

Download with pc, laptop and tablet. Using Android 4.4.2. but gives me the parsing error when trying to install.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic