UK

hi there,

A few of us from Manchester! where abouts in Manchester are you from? Do you fly often? I'm from near Altrincham.

Re: UK Phantom Pilots

ALAN WRIGHT said:
I'm a new Phantom owner with just two flights logged so far and I thought I would join the forum and introduce myself! I live in a town on the Essex/Suffolk border called Sudbury, which is situated midway between Colchester and Bury St Edmunds. Previous R/C flying experience is with small heli's such as MSR/9 Eagles Pro Solo and latterly I have progressed onto big wingspan gliders and Parkzone warbirds. Have also flown the Syma quad plus Hubsan X4. However, these first two flights with the Phantom were experiences in a totally different league simply because of the brilliant way this thing flys. I don't yet have the skill to do a great deal other than hover in GPS mode at a fairly low height, but practice will hopefully bring me upto speed with some of you experienced pilots out there! Or maybe not! :lol:
Anyway greetings to you all and if ever you intend flying anywhere in Suffolk please let me know!

All the best,

Alan W

Hi Alan

I live not to far from Sudbury, I'm in Boxford and just about to pick up FC40 - so where do you fly, I use to fly Raptor's at OMHC.co.uk but it was a long way to go just to site around and wait for the weather to drop. :D

Hi, I'am in Buntingford in Hertfordshire, Not seen any other Phantom's round here, Had my FC40 for a few months but only hovered it in back garden a few times as weather been mostly bad when not at work.

Reactions: Anewera
Hi Main 0666,

Good to hear that someone else in south Suffolk is a Phantom flyer! So far I've flown over a couple of local fields belonging to a farmer friend, plus I've taken a few photos/videos of the Water Meadows in Sudbury, taking off from the Melford Road entrance. Long Melford Green, which is near the Parish church, is another good place. I've flown the Phantom only twice in the last two months due to windy conditions during my days off but I hope to catch up with you one of these Spring days! How are you getting on with your Phantom?
Give me a ring anytime you're in town - 07961 925 675

Hi all
I'm a new phantom 1 pilot from Leigh on Sea, Essex. Got the quad for Xmas and have been learning to fly all up the west coast of USA as we're having a very long vacation. Have had some great experiences and some not so great, including couple of crashes but it's been a great experience never having owned anything like it before. Am coming back in April so maybe meet up with local flyers then.
Regards Simon

Fife, Scotland for me, just sent of an order for the vision :) from firstpersonview.co.uk. was going between them and quadcopters.co.uk but firstpersonview came out on top as they took the trouble to chat with me, unlike quadcopters who could not wait to get me off the phone LOL

Now waiting on the packet arriving and hoping the wind dies doon :lol:

RamDez said:
Fife, Scotland for me, just sent of an order for the vision :) from firstpersonview.co.uk. was going between them and quadcopters.co.uk but firstpersonview came out on top as they took the trouble to chat with me, unlike quadcopters who could not wait to get me off the phone LOL

Are you getting a free battery?

RamDez said:

Simon & firstpersonview.co.uk are excellent. They are my "go to" dealer...

Encantador said:
RamDez said:

Are you getting a free battery?

Yes, well I assume I am as it was on the order :)

Pull_Up said:
RamDez said:

Simon & firstpersonview.co.uk are excellent. They are my "go to" dealer...

Phew, thats good to know. Its always a gamble when you have no idea what your doing :)
I have watched all your videos though :) and thats why I picked the Vision over the p2

RamDez said:

Did you consider Marionville Models? In your neck of the woods and always been very helpful for me.

neiloakley said:
RamDez said:

Did you consider Marionville Models? In your neck of the woods and always been very helpful for me.

You know, I never even thought of them!

Oh well, might drop in and see if they are friendly :)

Please do come and see us. We have a full range of phantoms, accessories and upgrades And are the only official Dji Dealer for Scotland. Happy to chat to anyone who needs help.

Howdy. Signing in from sunny Reading (Berkshire).

Just got hold of a FC40 and starting to modify it.

I've come from an RC Buggy background so getting up in the air is new to me.

Marionville Models said:
Please do come and see us. We have a full range of phantoms, accessories and upgrades And are the only official Dji Dealer for Scotland. Happy to chat to anyone who needs help.

Will be in to see you all soon :)

Hi everyone my names Ian newish Pilot here from Wakefield,West Yorkshire :)

Have a P2 ( bare) and a P2 with H3-2D Gimbal & GoPro. Both with futaba T8J"s

Ironically the bare one is for sale, only 12 safe flights :)

At the minute i"m contemplating FPV and which system to get, going for the Black Pearl monitor over Goggles due to Migraine issues :) but i"ve not yet decided on the TX/RX"s etc as the debate continues over which has the better range ????

I"m only done a few terrible Videos so far without seeing what the camera actually sees seems to be a bit of an issue and my mouths always open lol

Cheers Ian
http://youtu.be/WqGDBMpdb2I

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers