UK

Hi Everyone,

I'm in sunny Aberdeenshire. Just taken delivery of Phantom 2 Vision.

Lots of open space up here as well as access to a lot of farmland.

Gareth

hey neils, my girlfriend has been fancying a metal detector for ages, can you advise anything for starting off

neils said:
shortyuk said:
hey neils, my girlfriend has been fancying a metal detector for ages, can you advise anything for starting off

Hi, yes no problem, it really goes on where you want to detect as you get different machines for soil to wet sand beaches, also money is a large factor, if she keeps an eye out on the bay for a cs2m, cs2mx, lazer b3, and possibly a garrett ace 250 then there all a good medium to start off with, you can pay anything from £100 to £250 for them, as you get more into it then you can get a better one, i have 5 ranging from £200 to £1400, it can become very addictive :lol: , probably best to have a go on the beaches first as farms are always harder to get onto due to you need permission, all land is owned by someone so always need permission first, beaches on the other hand are never really questioned :)

Good luck ;)

What do you generally find on your metal detecting adventures? I guess you just find spare change on the beaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone! I'm in North Oxfordshire, an got a Phantom 2 (non vision) with gimbal for Christmas. Already flown it quite a few times, and I still can't quite believe how good it is!

Tom

Hi all,

Hopefully about to get my PV at the end of Feb. Hopefully there will be a gimbal by then..........I am in Plymouth.

Bernie

Hey up, Meluk......

One more of us in Manchester. Droylsden , as it happens . Where u fly ? Not flown my P2V yet due to an ongoing "situation" that is demanding all my time at the moment. Also, being useless with heli' s , I am a bit sceptical of my abilities with a quad,too,although I get by with gliders,after a fashion........

Hey Fatbloke-Dim!

I fly where I can really, but always looking for new places to fly.

Ill be more than happy to meet up and fly your P2V, would also love to see it in the flesh as well after reading so much about it. I have a what feels like very old P1. PM me if you like.

There is also another guy which I think lives nearby you! I feel a Phantom gathering meet coming along in the future :)

New owner living Bristol - phantom 2, Zenmuse , gopro H3

Sounds like there are a few of us around Bristol,Bath, Sw generally. I am in Glos (land if the Hog roast!) with Pv2 and all the usual bolt ons.

How about a meet up somewhere on the Cotswold escarpment (overlooking the River Seven) sometime - when rain stops, it's warmer etc? Any great additional location ideas welcome.

Mike

Looks like a" Manc meet" be on the cards,then! I used ta fly at Hough End,too.Small world. Would a think a Phantom would be suitable to sneak a flight jus' 'bout anywhere. I have loads of ideas of what I would like to get footage of, seen ' em used at car shows to get shots, and that also interests me, as I attend a few each year with me classic " Yank". More later, when my situation improves.

At last people from the UK :) but I do love the USA they always have better stuff than us :shock: anyway i'm here i live near the south coast Bournemouth area would love to meet up or even talk to someone ref: phantom issues :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub