UK

Hi guys,

I've just got my Phantom, so I'm newbie to multirotors. Been flying fixed wing for about 15 years.
Let me know if you fancy meeting up, I'm in Manchester

For some reason I can't reply to your PM.
I'm in Audenshaw, but I fly planes at Hough End just off Princess park way.
Going there tomorrow to maiden an Extra 260 ... and maybe the Phantom
PM me your phone number and I can let you know the time (it's not too far from yours)

I've flown at hough end a few times. Good weather forcast for tomorrow as well so hopefully I can get my phantom out as well. Ill pm my no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi everybody, I live in the Leeds/Pudsey area have not found many flyers in this area yet, there are about 3 or 4 that fly together locally around the Rodley fields. leave message if your in this area.

AS you can see I post in 2013 and in all that time I can only getting about 2 replies, so ,by now there should be a few more. Post here.

Hi just got my phantom 2
I live in Banbury Oxfordshire
Any body round here ?
Regard frank

Wow a phantom owner in London... I thought I was the only one :lol:
I am in South London and fly occasional at the old Croydon airfield.
Trouble is I can't always tell in advance when I can get there.

There is also a flying area in Mordon park.

Jonathan

Hi all.. Forum and Phantom noob here from Radcliffe Manchester... already added the Manchester lads as friends on here (hope you dont mind lads) but as yet im sumising i dont have enough posts to pm you all and mither you about all things phantom... Looking at getting the phantom out to maiden it as soon as the weather permits and looking to meet up with local phantom freaks for some flying fun and maybe the odd beer??? all PM's welcome, once again hello and looking forward to having a laugh, cheers for now Dave

Hi Guys,

Where in the South-East are you people flying your P2V without upsetting the locals and at the same time getting some superb footage that can help convince "wife/gf/significant other" that this is not just another expensive hobby.

Safe Flying.

dp

Hi folks I am a Phantom Vision Owner flying in Haywards Heath Sussex. Previous experience with RC helicopters and keen on film making. Being retired I get to visit loads of places in the UK with the wife in our caravan. Luckily there is plenty of room beneath the seats to store the Phantom so it will be coming along this year.

So far I am booked to visit the New Forest.
The Lake District
Kielder Forest

Fingers crossed for some nice calm sunny weather.

deepheat said:
Hi Guys,

Where in the South-East are you people flying your P2V without upsetting the locals and at the same time getting some superb footage that can help convince "wife/gf/significant other" that this is not just another expensive hobby.

Safe Flying.

dp

I have the same problem but up North, any recommendations welcome :)

deepheat said:
Hi Guys,

Safe Flying.

dp

Don't know about "superb footage" but the link in my sig will show you some videos I've taken from the Thames Path, The Ridgeway trail, various footpaths and bridleways around South Oxfordshire and a flight near Downham Market in Norfolk. Anywhere that is genuinely public right of way is fine (that doesn't necessarily include council parks, by the way - many have by-laws of some sort or another, including bans on RC), and any private land is ok with the landowners permission to take-off and land. Note you don't need permission to overfly land, but don't get too close to property, animals and people you haven't asked first!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub