UK vs US

Reaction score
Is there a difference between Phantoms sold in the UK vs the US? If I was to purchase a phantom that was being shipped from the UK, would I have any issues flying here in the US?

Hi, In an older post was said that there are exactly the same and that the limitations are applied by gps localization

So I just think that the only difference is the power adaptor plug

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there a difference between Phantoms sold in the UK vs the US? If I was to purchase a phantom that was being shipped from the UK, would I have any issues flying here in the US?
The hardware is the same but transmission power is regulated according to where the unit is used.
You would have no trouble flying a Phantom purchased in a different country.

The hardware is the same but transmission power is regulated according to where the unit is used.

It is based on the mobile device's region setting, not where the unit is used, right?

At least DJI GO's Image Transmission Settings > Channel Mode > Custom is grayed out if the phone or tablet is set to some regions like Finland.

Changing the the iOS device location to U.S. enables that setting.

I have it set to US region (for the 32 channels hack) and the EU restrictions still applies it more logic that these restrictions are updated according to the location, what would happen if you take your US drone to your holiday trip to Europe? Would the DJI Go app let you fly higher than permitted?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub