UK The Caa

SOMEONE POSTED THIS; is it true??

I emailed the CAA before I started flying and the data protection website about flying with a camera. The CAA were brilliant basically the rules boil down to if you want to fly a drone less than 7kg for non commercial use you don't need any permits even with a camera attached. The CAA guidelines are they would like to you stay below 400ft and within a range of 1500ft. This is simply to keep other airspace users safe. If you are flying they also state that you need to be 150m away from property and vessels and 50m away from people but this has nothing to do with privacy but to do with safety. Upon contacting the data protection people they have no issues what so ever about people flying with cameras and recording for non commercial use or posting on YouTube. If you are flying anything over 7kg OR for commercial gain you need CAA certification and you need to follow the guidance around the use of other peoples image. If you are flying FPV you need a spotter to make sure you are capable of taking avoiding action should something else enter the airspace.

These rules are for safety and make perfect sense and in no way limit me flying my Phantom in any way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers