UK RMA Time

Mines is on on the way back to me from Heliguy with a new shell, they had it for a week so happy with that. I did buy it from them so I would agree there only dealing with there own customers. I put it in my RMA I also had the problem with the gimbal not staying level when yawing. It can go off left or right and move around. They said that they fixed it with the level control in the app. I tried that myself with no luck as well as all the calibrations. I told them I would send a video when it done it again.

Yea they are good and fast, I first sent mine back and they thought it might be the camera because that all so had issues. So they replaced the camera and sent it back to me, turn around was just a couple of days. Sadly the error came back and my error is a strange rare one so they are having to send it to the Netherlands, But to give them there due they have tried everything before sending it back to dji. First class service from them and I will be buying my next craft from them all so.

Then why lie about the stress cracks.

And also when asked about revised shell the guy was like they havent heard of any new shells and that all the shells are the same.

But their pricing was reasonable.

There not going to say dji are having problems with shells, they are trying to make a living from selling dji products. I am having a problem with a certain reef pump I sell in my trade, but if a customer asks me if its a common problem or not I'm not going to say yes it is because it would bring that brand name down of which I'm trying to sell and make a living from. Someone has all ready commented that the craft they purchased from them has been replaced which had stress cracks. You can't honestly expect a company you never bought the craft from carry out repair work and replace a shell for you free of charge. They would go bust.

There not going to say dji are having problems with shells, they are trying to make a living from selling dji products. I am having a problem with a certain reef pump I sell in my trade, but if a customer asks me if its a common problem or not I'm not going to say yes it is because it would bring that brand name down of which I'm trying to sell and make a living from. Someone has all ready commented that the craft they purchased from them has been replaced which had stress cracks. You can't honestly expect a company you never bought the craft from carry out repair work and replace a shell for you free of charge. They would go bust.

I'm not saying I want them to repair it, or asked them about free fix, I even got a quote from them for the repair which was cheap.

My question is why sell something if you can't be honest about the product?

Maplin reps were aware of the crack issues and they didnt lie to me?

I have heard of fly aways, gimble issues, stress cracks etc but I still bought my P3, why because it is a lovely piece of kit.

Its about being honest, even if Maplin did not exchange my P3 I probably would of got Heli guys to repair it and would of paid for the service, my question being is honesty, if they could lie about something like that how do I know they would not lie about something else?

I can understand your point if I was buying a P3 and they where not being honest but I was not.

If they said they where aware of the issue but unfortunately can't cover under warranty as I did not purchase from them then that would be a different situation altogether as they are Heli Guys and not DJI, or at least guide me through the rite path by saying contact DJI directly and if they don't cover it then come to us for a fix but it will cost lol

P.S I have my own business and never lie to a client, yet I'm still making money, honest money and have been since 1999 lol

Best to be transparent and honest rather then lie and then lose a customer/client

Last edited:
Maplins are a multi million pound company that sell all aspects of electrical equipment, if they didn't sell dji products it would not be a problem for such a large franchise. Heliguy is a one shop company and probably family run, they only really sell dji products so they are not going to start bringing that brand name down, they wouldn't need a recession for hard times if they had members of staff like that. Anyway don't want to get heated about it all, just try and think about if you were trying to make a living for your family selling dji products, and I think you would find you might tell the odd porky or 2 all so.

Maplins are a multi million pound company that sell all aspects of electrical equipment, if they didn't sell dji products it would not be a problem for such a large franchise. Heliguy is a one shop company and probably family run, they only really sell dji products so they are not going to start bringing that brand name down, they wouldn't need a recession for hard times if they had members of staff like that. Anyway don't want to get heated about it all, just try and think about if you were trying to make a living for your family selling dji products, and I think you would find you might tell the odd porky or 2 all so.

Honestly speaking, I would tell my customer what is the truth especially if DJI products was my bread and butter.

I would be honest and say that they had issues with their first batch of products but now they have a new uprated shell.

I would also tell a unsuspected customer that I/my company/business will not be able to cover the product as it was not purchased from us but we can repair it for a cost of whatever it may be and save you time here in the UK.

I would not bad mouth DJI, I would also not try and rip someone off.

I believe in what goes around comes around, you can make a lot of money with dishonesty, but how long will that money last.

The way it has come in to your pocket is the way it would go.

Thats just my point of view, DJI's products are huge worldwide, if a small company is going to lie like that then they have more of a chance of losing customers, as now a days google search reveals all lol.

Anyways thats that lol how is your P3 flying?

I see the point you are trying to make, but if you sold P3S and a costumer rang you and said they wanted to buy one but was worried about any issues, you would be a braver man than me to say they have shell issues and other issues all so but most don't have these worries so you will probably be fine buying one from me.
DJI have not made any changes to the shell from what I know, most believe the problems are from over tightening at the factory. The only thing I am aware of which might and I mean only might be a difference to avoid stress cracks is the new motors which are less kv, and I don't honestly think that's the reason they have done that to be honest. I would still go with over tightening.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I see the point you are trying to make, but if you sold P3S and a costumer rang you and said they wanted to buy one but was worried about any issues, you would be a braver man than me to say they have shell issues and other issues all so but most don't have these worries so you will probably be fine buying one from me.
DJI have not made any changes to the shell from what I know, most believe the problems are from over tightening at the factory. The only thing I am aware of which might and I mean only might be a difference to avoid stress cracks is the new motors which are less kv, and I don't honestly think that's the reason they have done that to be honest. I would still go with over tightening.

Lol I dont know what is rite and wrong just that they did crack, if it is a factory tightening issue then I hope it does not happen to my P3P.

So far have put the braking down to 75 from 100.

Havent had the chance to properly fly as of yet due to work and high winds in London.

Probably try it tonight if the wind speed is low if not then Saturday.

I wouldn't worry much about the drag breaking to be honest, there are 5 p3 owners now at our club and none have had crack issues and everyone is on standard drag settings. All are a mixed bag of early adopters me being the first and probably one of the first in the UK to be honest. I fly all sorts at the club so don't always fly the p3 but I have over 300km on my craft and it's still fine. Well apart from its hardware issue but it's had that since I got it to be fair and has always flown fine. As far as stress cracks go my advice is don't get stressed by them because dji cover them under warranty, so as a good friend I heard once say, " fly it like you stole it" have fun and be safe.

Reactions: D4T_PoM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers