UK pricing, £=$

Reaction score
Usually we get short changed by the "exchange rate" here in the uk, but the mavic is listed as $999 in the us and £999 here. Even with a bit of post-brexit loss of the exchange rate, that's still excessive($1296).
If it was closer to the exchange rate, say £800, it would be much more appealing to me.

Reactions: robby3265
Yup, and that's with the range stepped down to 2.4 miles for European TX power levels :-(

Stop complaining. Here in Norway it's $1425 (tax included) :p

The pack is selling for £1249 ($1299 in the US). It's a rip off. I'll wait for January when prices will go down I presume ..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

UK price includes VAT at 20% - that accounts for almost all of it.
However some US States do have additional taxes added but not included in headline price.Here things are actually quite competitive with a nice spread of reputable dealers so we will soon see various offers particularly for alternative accessory bundles.
For example I don't see much need for the ugly bag when it will fit in a regular camera bag - or 12V charger - but everyone needs at least one spare battery

What happens if you chance the flag when logged into dji store, it then says $999 tax included then pay with paypal which converts it to uk sterling?
it is still your account and says sending to uk but cost less?

Almost worth flying to the USA to get one.

Or have good dealer ship one, yes import duty will need to be paid but will end up cheaper than DJI.
I can't recall the name of stores off hand but there are several dealers who ship to EU tax free.
Worth investigating when time comes to buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20