UK New Phantom Pilot!

Reaction score
Hey all!

My name is Tymon and I'm from Kent in the UK. I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I got a week ago on my birthday (21st December) and sadly crashed it on the same day (more on that in a different thread :(). Loving all the information from this forum and I have no doubt it'll make me a better pilot!

Tymon

Reactions: dirkclod
Sorry to hear about the crash. Where are you from as I'm from bromley, maybe I can team up and get your drone flying again

Neon Euc

Hey good to see more and more uk peeps on the horizon. Do we have much experience between us ha ha?

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Tymonstuff
Sorry to hear about the crash. Where are you from as I'm from bromley, maybe I can team up and get your drone flying again

Neon Euc
Hey, that would be cool! I'm waiting for spare parts at the moment - my mounting gimbal snapped and thankfully absorbed most of energy from the crash so all of my other components are fine. The reason why it crashed is what worries me and Ill be posting a thread later when I download all the logs from the drone; it just flew away out of my control :confused:

Tymon

Hey, that would be cool! I'm waiting for spare parts at the moment - my mounting gimbal snapped and thankfully absorbed most of energy from the crash so all of my other components are fine. The reason why it crashed is what worries me and Ill be posting a thread later when I download all the logs from the drone; it just flew away out of my control :confused:

Tymon

When you say flew away, did it gain height first and then fly? There is talk that when return to home (rth) is activated, the height set is what gets confused (when flying above this) because it just keeps gaining altitude. For example if the rth height is set to 60ft and you are flying above that and lose signal to the craft, then the buggy software makes the craft climb rather than drop or stay at the current height and fly to home.

When you say flew away, did it gain height first and then fly? There is talk that when return to home (rth) is activated, the height set is what gets confused (when flying above this) because it just keeps gaining altitude. For example if the rth height is set to 60ft and you are flying above that and lose signal to the craft, then the buggy software makes the craft climb rather than drop or stay at the current height and fly to home.

No. The problem occurred when I was hovering at a steady altitude of around 40m. The drone was stationary and I was mainly rotating to get a pan of the sunset (classic first drone shot amiright). Suddenly it just started flying away at full tilt to the left; I started trying to bring it back but there was no response and it went out of range, lost signal and failed to return home. The one theory I had was that I accidentally pressed the S1 switch A-mode and the wind took it but it wasn't that windy that it would have prevented me from opposing the force. I can fully accept that it could've been a pilot error but what I don't understand is the message from the dji go app flight log "Magnetic Filed Interference. Exit P-GPS Mode".

Luckily there was no one around and I just about spotted it in a tree. Another thing to note is that it was refurbished if that could have had anything to do with it.

No. The problem occurred when I was hovering at a steady altitude of around 40m. The drone was stationary and I was mainly rotating to get a pan of the sunset (classic first drone shot amiright). Suddenly it just started flying away at full tilt to the left; I started trying to bring it back but there was no response and it went out of range, lost signal and failed to return home. The one theory I had was that I accidentally pressed the S1 switch A-mode and the wind took it but it wasn't that windy that it would have prevented me from opposing the force. I can fully accept that it could've been a pilot error but what I don't understand is the message from the dji go app flight log "Magnetic Filed Interference. Exit P-GPS Mode".

Luckily there was no one around and I just about spotted it in a tree. Another thing to note is that it was refurbished if that could have had anything to do with it.

Pal, it sounds like you've got a faulty drone there, I would for sure examine the flight logs and talk to dji! I'm not familiar with that as yet so cannot give advice. Apologies. Some say calibrate every flight which I have read it's not always worth it in case the magnetic fields around cause interference. After reading elsewhere I have decided I will only calibrate if I travel more than 50 miles from initial calibration as well as if I upgrade software. Note if you do find a open space (big field) then take that chance to calibrate as its a good chance of little interference.

Pal, it sounds like you've got a faulty drone there, I would for sure examine the flight logs and talk to dji! I'm not familiar with that as yet so cannot give advice. Apologies. Some say calibrate every flight which I have read it's not always worth it in case the magnetic fields around cause interference. After reading elsewhere I have decided I will only calibrate if I travel more than 50 miles from initial calibration as well as if I upgrade software. Note if you do find a open space (big field) then take that chance to calibrate as its a good chance of little interference.

Absolutely - I'm going to attempt to factory reset the drone if possible and if the problem occurs again I'll contact Dji. Thanks for you help :)

Anytime, let us know how things go and if you find the problem. Good luck pal.

Welcome to the forum Tymon.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Tymonstuff
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hi.....Also from Kent U.k....Maidstone. Just got my first Drone the Phantom 3 standard and have to say so far I'm loving it......still in beginner mode but such good fun. Lots to learn.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi.....Also from Kent U.k....Maidstone. Just got my first Drone the Phantom 3 standard and have to say so far I'm loving it......still in beginner mode but such good fun. Lots to learn.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Good stuff mate, I'm in bromley, we have to meet up for a flight at some point [emoji4]

Neon Euc

I think we def need to meet up and go for a flight. Would love to meet up with other drone flyers [emoji4]

Neon Euc

I think we def need to meet up and go for a flight. Would love to meet up with other drone flyers [emoji4]

Neon Euc
Lets do it sometime in January. I'm a sixth form student in his final year before university so preparing for my exams therefore weekends would be best.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4