UK NATS drone assist

When I fire up my P3A from close to home it advises me that I am in class 3 airspace.

A lot of RAF Shawbury training choppers fly around Shropshire so when I want to fly I will phone in and advise them of the date and give all the necessary other info.

Does Go advise you of any controlled airspace where you are Dave?

When I fire up my P3A from close to home it advises me that I am in class 3 airspace.

A lot of RAF Shawbury training choppers fly around Shropshire so when I want to fly I will phone in and advise them of the date and give all the necessary other info.

Does Go advise you of any controlled airspace where you are Dave?
It advises regarding when there's a match on at the local stadium and of the small aerodrome. Also the local prison, which will show red. The rest are orange like local park/lake.

So if the area is orange you can fly but with caution? But if red, no flying allowed?

I would regard the red areas on the Drone Assist as a no no fly zone unless you had permission from the landowner to take off and checked with ATC - which is what you should do ANYWHERE

I know its a pain in the whatsit but if we don't adhere to the CAA rules then we WILL have restrictions similar to those the Canadian authorities have bought into force.

See :-

New rules for flying recreational drones in Canada revealed - Politics - CBC News

Last edited:
The NATS app is good because it logs where you are flying and serves as a warning to other pilots using it in the same area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31