Uk legal height limit for under 7kg ?

Jay

Reaction score
Hi i just wanted to know as i was told that if flying a drone under 7kg with a camera on then i could fly it as high as i like so long as i can see it with unaided vision to be able to control it safely is this true ? Or is it 400ft ?

It is 400ft and 1000ft with fpv if you have LOS. See this post. I know its more detail than you asked for but you may find it useful. viewtopic.php?t=33641

Hi so can it be 1000 ft if you are using fpv but only 400ft if not ?

Jay said:
Hi so can it be 1000 ft if you are using fpv but only 400ft if not ?
The supporting CAA links are in the post I quoted. There is an FPV exemption but as Meta4 says you need to read the authoritive documents and not just take my word for it - Lord forbid. My post was just a guide, the CAA documents are the law. Also at all times you must be satisfied that you can fly safely irrespective of limits.

I see 3.5 kg 1000ft using fpv and a spotter,400ft if no fpv and spotter

No mention of 3.5kg as far as I know. Where do you see that?

i'm s***ting myself at 400ft so quite happy to leave the ceiling height at that lol

IrishSights said:
No mention of 3.5kg as far as I know. Where do you see that?

Hi that's what the guy from fpvuk.org said

1000ft if you're flying under the terms of the FPV exemption (IE a model under 3.5kg, you have a competent observer who has "Direct Unaided Visual Contact with the model sufficient to monitor its flightpath for the purposes of collision avoidance", etc).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers