UK Flooding British Army Delivering Aid.

OI, of course. We worked alongside the army and Environment agency to depict areas of floodwater that needed pumping quickly to avoid houses being flooded. Found routes for the craft to get through and helped locals get aerial photographs that may help with insurance claims. The latter was done as a good deed. The raw footage will also be used to produce a report which will go towards building flood defences in the future.

Hopefully some awareness has been raised about the devastation these floods have caused too by making a video like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OI Photography said:
Neat. Can you give any details on how your UAV's were used to assist the relief effort?

OI, of course. We worked alongside the army and Environment agency to depict areas of floodwater that needed pumping quickly to avoid houses being flooded. Found routes for the craft to get through and helped locals get aerial photographs that may help with insurance claims. The latter was done as a good deed. The raw footage will also be used to produce a report which will go towards building flood defences in the future.

Hopefully some awareness has been raised about the devastation these floods have caused too by making a video like this.

AMKings said:
OI Photography said:
Neat. Can you give any details on how your UAV's were used to assist the relief effort?

Awesome, thank you! I'm trying to catalog as many examples as possible of civil-service missions like these, esp emergency/disaster response. I'd never seen one used in official flood response efforts before, but I knew there must be potential benefits there. I'm glad you were able to prove the point, this is the kind of thing that needs more press and/or public awareness, both for the disaster itself as well the way these tools can be used for the public good.

OI Photography said:
AMKings said:
OI Photography said:

Awesome, thank you! I'm trying to catalog as many examples as possible of civil-service missions like these, esp emergency/disaster response. I'd never seen one used in official flood response efforts before, but I knew there must be potential benefits there. I'm glad you were able to prove the point, this is the kind of thing that needs more press and/or public awareness, both for the disaster itself as well the way these tools can be used for the public good.

The full unedited version is in the hands of the media and I believe it was aired on the beeb on Thursday. The Army media team also have the footage and are putting it through their channels. There's some BFBS radio interviews this week so the word is spreading and this year will be pivotal. We service the SAR and security industries too so If you need any more info feel free to send an email in to [email protected] I'm sure we could put something together for you to help or follow our twitter account @uastweet we put up all the latest news about where UAS are serving the public sector.

OI Photography said:
Excellent, thank you sir! I'll be in touch, and I'm following you now in the meantime.

Great! Speak soon. There's plenty going on at the moment!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj