UK Drone Laws - Ruined Buildings

Reaction score
Hi

In the UK, you are supposedly not allowed to fly your drone 50m from a 'structure.' This seems a bit vague to me.

Does anyone know if I can fly the drone close to ruined uninhabited buildings/castles? In the dictionary the definition of a structure includes 'an object constructed from several parts.' This would basically rule out flying close to most man-made inanimate objects?

Thanks.

Are you 'in control' of that building ? Can you stop.people accessing it whilst flying ? Yes, and yes. Therefore, you are ok.

No, I wouldn't really be 'in control' of the building, but I would plan to film at a time when nobody else is present.

I was thinking today, I'd maybe like to film Hadrian's Wall. it's a 2000 year old Roman structure in the middle of nowhere, and basically just a pile of bricks. I suppose under the law as I see it, I shouldn't be allowed to get my drone closer than 50 metres to it? Of course in the UK, there are many other similar structures. It would be pity if the law prevented drones getting too close to them. They are almost 'part of the landscape'!

Maybe I should try and contact the people who enforce these laws, and ask them for clarification.

If you have full view of all access, and could politely stop anybody approaching whilst within 50m, then you are good to go. That came from the caa. I had the same query

Reactions: dronezone1010

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan