Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

UK: Bent Gimbal after first crash - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Chrisbpoole, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Chrisbpoole

First crash of my Vision 2+ after 2 months of use.

I hit a tree which resulted in a tumble to the ground. All appeared ok until I tred to slide the Perspex gimbal/camera lock back on. Something has bent on the gimbal as a branch has gone between the legs & hit the camera.

Any ideas on what has bent or how to fix as I'm still a relative newbie. if I knew how to attach photos I'd share?!?!

Help!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. Chrisbpoole

Re: Bent Gimbal after first crash - any ideas?

Yes....the yaw arm appears to have a slight twist. Any ideas other than buying a new one? How do I remove it as well?

4. burlbark

Dont start tearing your camera apart without doing some research. If you break the hinging ribbon cable retainers lock off the main board you might as well buy a new gimbal. It costs $100 to send it in to me or many other repair shops and have us straighten the gimbal. Its a small price to pay, I make sure everything is aligned and the potentiometer values are correct. It is very easy to turn a simple repair into a $400 dollar mistake.

Jeremy

5. Chrisbpoole

Sounds great....except I'm in the UK. Any other solutions would be kindly appreciated.