UK advice on PfCO and CAA

Reaction score
Hi all - noob question for those UK pilots who've qualified for their PfCO. I've just put a deposit down on training for my NQE and PfCO, which entitles me to have electronic access to the ground school part of the course. I note in one section that the literature refers to permissions being granted to companies, but makes no mention of PfCO being granted to individuals. Will I have to set up my own company to get permissions for commercial work? Or will the CAA award PfCO to individuals? Any insight much appreciated.

It can be awarded to individuals but they do recommend setting up a limited company.

What NQE have you gone with?

Last edited:
What is the cheapest way of getting your permission in the UK. I don't want to do this as a business but want to be able to fly over and near some great spots locally. From what I understand I can only do this legally if I go through an accredited course costing around £1000+ is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the cheapest way of getting your permission in the UK. I don't want to do this as a business but want to be able to fly over and near some great spots locally. From what I understand I can only do this legally if I go through an accredited course costing around £1000+ is that correct?

As long as you're not flying for commercial purposes (for reward or money) and you follow the CAA's general drone advice whilst using common sense you should be fine.

As a business and for exchange of money you need to do the accredited course.

Reactions: Lurch953

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1