Ugh. Thanks DJI for the factory stripped screw :(

Reaction score
Desoldered my main board today in preparation for the upgrade kit (Zenmuse Gimbal standing by) and what do I find? One of the two screws on the LED light board is totally stripped from the factory. One came out fine, then I was looking at the other and couldn't believe how bad it was. Can't get a screwdriver in there. Not sure if I have a dremel bit (or the guts) to try and drill it out. Ugh! It's too small for most conventional methods of removal. Thoughts?

Sorry for the bad photo, but you can see one screw (backed out) is fine, while the other is toast.

photo.JPG

That blows just slow down and you will get it. Some times you can use a rubber band across the head of the driver and get them out, I've used small dykes and had success, I have also jb welded junk screw drivers and came back 24 hours later and have had that work. A dremmel and coned grind stone will get you there also. Good luck where there's is a will there is a way...

bummer for sure....I have a factory stripped screw on the main body of my P2...still wondering how I will take the top off if I ever need to. I like the idea of JB weld and junk screw! rubberband idea is good too.

I'm going to try whatever I can. The thing that makes this more difficult is the fact that the screw is probably the smallest on the entire craft. Why did they use such tiny screws?! Even with properly sized drivers these are prone to stripping.

Oh well. I'm one screw away from installing my upgrade board and gimbal. Hopefully everything else goes smoothly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers