ugh... newbie frustrated..."disconnected"

R

r.i.s.k

hey y'all,

just unboxed a P4P, new to the quad copter world.

All I'm getting is "disconnected" in the the app...
this is everything I have done:
- latest DJI GO app installed on iPhone 6s and iPad mini2
- latest firmware installed on aircraft
- tried several cables
- tried both iPhone and iPad
- can't quite figure out how to update firmware on controller because everything I'm finding online is either old or doesn't look (or have the same options) the same as what I'm seeing.
- rc is linked (green lights on aircraft and rc)

what an I doing wrong?
I have been at this to point of wanting to box this thing back up and go chop wood...

Easiest way is to plug your RC transmitter into your computer (USB cable) and use Assistant 2 off their website. Might do the same for the PC to drone too. Pray in both instances it doesn't knacker or brick something too. Then you have to figure out how to do rollbacks, and pray yet again.

Good luck!

There is a linking procedure detailed in the manual, have you tried that?
Yes, I did. went into rc menu and pressed "linking remote controller" and nothing happens after the confirmation prompt. No lights blink blue. the status lights on both the rc and aircraft are green...

Easiest way is to plug your RC transmitter into your computer (USB cable) and use Assistant 2 off their website. Might do the same for the PC to drone too. Pray in both instances it doesn't knacker or brick something too. Then you have to figure out how to do rollbacks, and pray yet again.

Good luck!
Tried connecting rc directly via USB cable and the
You show in your original post, DJI GO app, but you need to use the GO 4 app.
yes, I am using the GO 4 app

Since this is new, were you prompted to register it with DJI? In the GO 4 app startup screen, select the upper left icon, and login in to your DJI account. A shot in the dark here, but I have seen this help before. I unpacked my P4P, but have not turned it on yet.

Since this is new, were you prompted to register it with DJI? In the GO 4 app startup screen, select the upper left icon, and login in to your DJI account. A shot in the dark here, but I have seen this help before. I unpacked my P4P, but have not turned it on yet.
it prompted me to register me but not the aircraft.

on the line with DJI (27 minutes so far, 2nd call) and they so far are stumped.
Bricked RC?

update:

after 2 calls and almost 2 hours on the phone with DJI, it appears that this P4P is toast right out of the box. Thanks for your help. see ya!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.