Ugh, Dronefly, you're killing me(update:$490 claim resolved)

Re: Ugh, Dronefly, you're killing me (and owe me $490)

I don't think that Dronefly is out of someone's garage, I think they are just a small company of less than 10 people in some leased space at "USA Business Center" @ Newbury Park, CA.

To conclude my adventure here, Amex, Paypal and Reason appear to have won the day and a refund is apparently posting now to my amex.

I did get this response today from Dronefly, which concerns me.

When the package left our warehouse it had all five batteries inside. We have had a few issues with people opening boxes and stealing contents before they reach our customers, and we are working on getting credited for the missing batteries by UPS.

It was signed, Shipping Department. Which is a great signature but anyway. The box wasn't re-sealed when it came to me and it was slap full of packing peanuts. Even though it looks like I'm getting the refund, I'm going to say there are some definitely shenanigans going on over there at Dronefly.

Meanwhile helidirect, bhphoto, adorama, amazon, readymadeRC all continue to fulfill my orders for parts and help, without hassle.
I know someone people have had good luck with Dronefly but for me, this is a "vote with my feet" moment. I won't be buying from them again. I wouldn't want to feed their warehouse gremlins anymore than they already appear to be :)

Re: Ugh, Dronefly, you're killing me(update:$490 claim resol

I have never in my life had stuff stolen out of a box. I've had the box stolen from my front door but no one has ever opened it and taken one or two things out and then closed it and left. Why take a few items when you can take it all. Sounds to me like they are stealing. Either someone who works in their garage is stealing or they are stealing peoples money by charging for 3 batteries and sending two and claiming "it wasn't me"

Re: Ugh, Dronefly, you're killing me(update:$490 claim resol

Response to emails and calls for support are definitely lacking. I just bought my first ever Phantom and am disappointed. My friend who recommended them thinks they are great but not my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20