UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

To me it looked like a sun beam reflecting off of a power line as you passed over it. Seems there's another power line to the left and below.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Was flying out to a controlled burn here the other day went through the smoke and was on trip back . Thought I saw I something strange looking at the footage later. Well went back and cut this out . Never figured having them suckers here in MS. Was in RTH so 22 mph and about 200' up .

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Definitely a UFO (at this time).

Reactions: dirkclod
The fact that one of you saw it changing course rules out any potato guns. Whatever it is, bird, machine or "alien", it has intelligence. Right?

From the videos I've seen its the OP and the post with three of them that qualifies, other posts seem to have recorded other things afaik. Are these four all from the US?

Mine is from the US Dronefreind and like mine says ..I really don't think it's a UFO as those are suppose to have intelligent beings in them
and anything with any intelligence knows better than to take any chances coming through MS as we will BBQ just about anything .
I have seen things like that lots in my videos flying long and never really thought anything about it other than it being a big bug .
Now that one if you notice looks like the sun is reflecting off of it . But look again and you will see the sun is on the other side .
So...I just gotta ask ya, whatca think :)

"..........take any chances coming through MS as we will BBQ just about anything...."

Dirk, that was great. LMAO...[emoji23]...... we'll see what shows up on the menu next !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
They do it right! I went to his last alien roast, finger licking good! :)

Unknown.jpg

I would be somewhat cautious to jump at alien conclusions.
Look at the 3 photos that my webcam captured some years ago.

Look below the sun. An alien spaceship!

You can zoom in and it appears to be a metal disk with the sun reflecting on the top. I was over excited then but............

This photos was taken 16 days later, and there he is again, the alien, this time above the sun.

This other photos 3 days later. This time it appears like a black spot.
I immediately noticed from the second photo that both where exactly on the same vertical line. This is a very unlikely coincidence. Also this photo displays an anomaly on the same vertical line.
So my conclusion is it could be a inside reflection of the lens.

This shows how easy we can be cheated from what we see. It does not prove or disprove some of the videos, but an optical illusion created by a small insect could fit.

Attachments

• 080908ore 161748.jpg
    080908ore 161748.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 296
  • 240908ore 163702.jpg
    240908ore 163702.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 270908ore 123824.jpg
    270908ore 123824.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 302
I see these now every other flight. They've all been white up to yesterday. The one yesterday was yellow...

When I first saw this post I thought it was some type of ufo. don't know what it is but it sure hauls. Now today I was looking at a video I took at the beginning of the month and TADA I have a pretty good shot of one coming over a field. I was in 4k at 24fps and this thing passes me in 6 frames. I had never noticed it before and seeing it was just a fluke. I have seen a few videos and it looks like what they saw, a white silver rod. Many of the same type of object taken with different cameras in different locations, some even think it's a creature from earth (maybe) My video is pretty clear and there is no freaking way it's a bug at 300 feet cruising 200+mph in a straight line, and it's not a lens flare because it flys right trough one. I'm not sure what I will do with the video yet but I assure you I will share as soon as analyse this a bit more.

I know it's the carbon rod.
1252450.jpg

"In rod we trust"

Seriously though, those small white flyby objects are more likely insects or small birds. Highly unlikely to be miniature military drones or mini-me alien spaceships :)

Whatever it is its small and fast, any chance you could share the original unedited footage by Dropbox or something so I can have a play with it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Non-aerial videographers have been experiencing a similar phenomenon for years. 'Sky Fish' or 'Sky Rods' have been shown to be -in most cases- insects. The Sky Fish videos, however, look different from many of the videos in this thread, especially the OP's video. Google 'sky fish' to see more.

Reactions: Basspig
as I watched it over and over keeping my attention (not on the object) but the line at the bottom of the screen to the left of the object.. tends to make me think your correct.. there is another line beside it and this is a sun beam reflecting..

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj