UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

Whoa! I sandbag a lot on here, and don't say much about anything... but this is worth a comment! Crazy stuff going on here. I wonder if there is any way to enhance these videos. This is a thread I'll keep watching. Hope we get an answer. Great stuff!

Yup, my first thought was a golf ball. I have no idea how fast that thing is moving but I'd imagine a golf ball traveling upwards of 150mph would look like a white streak on camera but after the other videos, no longer think its a ball.
Definitely NOT a golf ball folks...the physics just don't match up and the object in most recordings is too high...

Here's another idea...is it possible that these videos have been altered with 'After Effects??? (Adobe graphics product) As sophisticated as AE is, it would be a simple matter to insert a streaking object. We need an imaging expert...anyone out there in PP nation?

Impressive, but I'm not sure that explains it.

Much of the footage in question appears to be about 200 ft AGL. The objects are streaking across the frame in a linear direction with no apparent 'bullet drop'...in other words the objects are still accelerating defeating the effect of gravity. A golf ball with no on-board propulsion would begin to drop and fade long before it reached, say...50 ft (just guessing here) Besides, on some of the videos at lower heights, wouldn't the pilot report hearing the distinctive and somewhat loud crack of that device???

Reactions: JWH
OK
Wikipedia said:
The highest projectile speed recorded from a spud gun is 933.3 m/s (3,062 ft/s) (approximately 2.7 times the speed of sound) with a 16.6-gram (256 gr) 20 mm plastic slug from a hybrid using a 20 MPa (2,900 psi) pre-ignition mixture of air and propane.

Potato cannon - Wikipedia

...what this doesn't tell us is the rate of 'drop' on the projectile after it leaves the barrel. Without on-board propulsion, this will happen quickly, not allowing something as large as a golf ball to rise 50 to 100 ft AGL and then arc off in a linear path to race across the frame at that rate of speed so far from it's origin.

Definitely NOT a golf ball folks...the physics just don't match up and the object in most recordings is too high...

Here's another idea...is it possible that these videos have been altered with 'After Effects??? (Adobe graphics product) As sophisticated as AE is, it would be a simple matter to insert a streaking object. We need an imaging expert...anyone out there in PP nation?
I can guarantee you that my footage is not manipulated in any way (aside the editing horizon correction, color and contrast) and I also kept the raw footage. If someone would want to manipulate a footage he would do it to get attention and/or money. In those 3 cases I posted I don't have the feeling that is what they are aiming at.

Seriously!!!
Someone form a plane has nothing better to do that shoot a drone? I'm more of the idea it could be a micro meteorite, however that does not explain what I filmed.
Ya, yours video is weird, whatever it was, it was moving fast.

Well that is crazy stuff! I am no expert on cameras or photography, having said that I use a strobe light in my line of work and considering the effect that can have on slow moving or turning objects (can make a slow rotating element appear to be turning at a much faster speed than it actually is).

Is it possible the camera shutter speed is having the same effect on certain other flying/moving objects and making them look faster than they really are going?

A Stroboscopic light when not properly tuned to the rpm you are working with can also look like it's creating a trail of sorts. When you're watching a movie often you see wheels on vehicles or an old western wagon wheel looking like they are going faster than they actually are and often appear to be going in the opposite direction the vehicle is travelling. That is the stroboscopic effect of the camera lens shutter - and if the speed of the lens-shutter is not in tune with whatever rotating element it is filming, all kinds of crazy visuals occur - however when in tune with whatever its filming - everything looks normal as to speed etc.

Like I said - no expert here on photography or cameras - just my 2 cents worth. Very interesting stuff however - to say the least. Thanks to all the posters of videos - especially to the OP for starting this thread!

Lets try to eliminate some obvious technical factors:
- are these DJI drones only?
- same model (manufacturing run)?
The go Pro camera footage shows that objects are observed across different cameras, but is it DJI drones only?

And then some sighting info:
- similar altitudes?
- similar object apparent speed?

I see that in all the videos the observed object is coming toward the camera. We need to find some objects travelling away from the camera and others going across line of sight with little motion toward or away from the camera.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I can guarantee you that my footage is not manipulated in any way (aside the editing horizon correction, color and contrast) and I also kept the raw footage. If someone would want to manipulate a footage he would do it to get attention and/or money. In those 3 cases I posted I don't have the feeling that is what they are aiming at.

Copy that...I believe you, but I wouldn't be so quick to exonerate others you don't know, especially if the source is from the internet. However, assuming your video is authentic would reduce suspicion that the others are doctored. Still...I'd love to get an opinion from an imaging expert.

Lets try to eliminate some obvious technical factors:
- are these DJI drones only?
- same model (manufacturing run)?
The go Pro camera footage shows that objects are observed across different cameras, but is it DJI drones only?

And then some sighting info:
- similar altitudes?
- similar object apparent speed?

I see that in all the videos the observed object is coming toward the camera. We need to find some objects travelling away from the camera and others going across line of sight with little motion toward or away from the camera.

Good point...the OP footage was traveling mostly across the screen from right to left, but you're right, I would be helpful to see something moving away (...bottom to top of the frame) from the camera.

Sorry for "destroying" the thread but those are all birds AMHO (and after conferring pilots) :) I have been traveling a lot in the air, especially at cockpit in different airplanes (most 737s, as photographer) :) Many objects can be seen like small round objects, but it is often birds. Many birds flies at altitudes at around 100 meters (300 feet).

Some of my works up in air as photographer before - this was a documentary project about beeing a pilot:

Sorry for "destroying" the thread but those are all birds AMHO (and after conferring pilots) :) I have been traveling a lot in the air, especially at cockpit in different airplanes (most 737s, as photographer) :) Many objects can be seen like small round objects, but it is often birds. Many birds flies at altitudes at around 100 meters (300 feet).

Some of my works up in air as photographer before - this was a documentary project about beeing a pilot:

It's a 19-minute video...can you time ID the relevant portion? Meanwhile, what bird(s) travels at the rate of speed seen in most of these recordings?

Ya see, them aliens are disguising themselves as birds now!:D

And how did deuzx get his phantom in that 737, you'd think he was braking some rules somewhere?:eek::rolleyes:o_O:)

Good point...the OP footage was traveling mostly across the screen from right to left, but you're right, I would be helpful to see something moving away (...bottom to top of the frame) from the camera.

Yes, or coming in from the top of the camera.

I have seen a lot of birds in my footage that are travelling at apparent similar fast speeds due to being close to the camera. But they are close enough to identify them as birds. So I disagree with the bird hypothesis and I do not I agree with the UFO idea except that the object is un identified. I have no believe in aliens other than perhaps robotic creatures that are doing what is considered to be traditional spaceship stuff.
However I am very much open to have my believes reconsidered and perhaps changed, I'm actually hoping for that with enough proof that my scientific mind can except something different than what I currently do. I feel that drones have opened up a new classification of recorded things that we do not really understand. It would be nice if had more expert input such as the pilot video shown. One opinion is not enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj