UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

Here's a snapshot from a video taken ten days ago...

Project_137_avi_snapshot_04_49_2016_10_13_08_19.jpg

https://s18.postimg.org/7yfwv7ghl/Project_137_avi_snapshot_04_49_2016_10_13_08_19.jpg

Don't see anything?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Click on the image to make it bigger.

Two white streaks lower left quadrant.

Edit: I think TJ's assessment is spot on. Somebody is hiding in the woods shooting surface-to-air rockets at our drones

Last edited:
I get those flying Rods on my Game camera at night & they don't look anything like whats in the posters photo . On Video , they do move fast , but not like in this video .
That's some strange appearance of something .

I think it's likely that the length of it, or the 'vapor trails' as some say, are camera/video artifacts. In the original video, they're streaking like that only in the slow mo version and the non-slow-mo version was filmed at 30fps, so natural motion blur from frame to frame. Plus, it's moving the opposite direction of the UAV, so double-speed.

So my take is this: Speed-x2 + 30fps + slow-mo == streak.

It's tough to ID because the streaking makes it unclear. Bird or golf-ball, it's definitely the text-book case of UFO, eh?

Actually I was thinking maybe the object (bird) was moving so fast relative to the AC that it was initially "drawn" in the top half of the frame, and by the time the camera got around to drawing the bottom half of the frame, the bird had moved to that bottom half. Hence, two streaks in one frame...

<shrug>

Reactions: dgd3
Actually I was thinking maybe the object (bird) was moving so fast relative to the AC that it was initially "drawn" in the top half of the frame, and by the time the camera got around to drawing the bottom half of the frame, the bird had moved to that bottom half. Hence, two streaks in one frame...

<shrug>
That too!

I am an experienced skywatcher for UAP's known globally and as much as some here might not believe in UAP'sor UFO's this is likely exactly what he captured but its tough to confirm because of the speed but they are in our skies and I have filmed them often via night vision and other type specialized camcorders, thermal imagers. Here's a orange one but was not captured on thermal. These are or real and they can be seen with your quadcopters if you happen to be in an area where they show up...keep filming and looking for them and don't be surprised if you capture something similar to this...by the way this capture here in Vancouver was not a balloon or anythng else mundane..I have documentary coming out soon about these "Orbs" or lights in the sky...i'm not a nut or crazy delusional person,...Facts are for real and best part of all this we as RC pilots have opportunities to capture these in our skies..

I guess that in the truest sense, the acronym UFO covers a lot of things. That being said, I saw a UFO. Well I can't identify it anyway.

I was flying tonight just as the sun was going down testing my P3P recently returned from DJI for a repair. I really wasn't looking at the feed as much as watching the GPS satellite count and other telemetry while flying so I totally missed the object flying by me just below. I have no clue what it was and I was way above the trees and pretty much anything else that might have caused a collision. Here's the video. See what you think. I was filming at 1080 X 30fps. so I really couldn't do a very good job of slowing it down in post so you could identify it.

Nice shot...likley a UAP...not many other options as they are in our skies..

It seems this is not a rod (but probably a bullet) since comparing frame by frame, where the "rod" ends in one frame, it starts in the next frame. So I would say this is a bullet.
If it were a rod it would overlap between frames.
And the fact that the sun is very low, shining from the side, makes the bullet more visible when the ground is dark.

What does not compute for me is why the object is visible so far away.
It could be a tracer bullet, generating some smoke, and that the smoke could make it visible from far away in this lightning condition.

Is there maybe a shooting range in that direction?

It seems this is not a rod (but probably a bullet) since comparing frame by frame, where the "rod" ends in one frame, it starts in the next frame. So I would say this is a bullet.
If it were a rod it would overlap between frames.
And the fact that the sun is very low, shining from the side, makes the bullet more visible when the ground is dark.

What does not compute for me is why the object is visible so far away.
It could be a tracer bullet, generating some smoke, and that the smoke could make it visible from far away in this lightning condition.

Is there maybe a shooting range in that direction?

Its possibly a Bullet , they don't necessarily leave a vapor trail , but do leave super sonic shock waves from it passing through the air at super sonic speed ,that can be seen, depending on air density, camera angle etc . & may look like a trail . I would think a Tracer would leave a much more defined trail behind it .

I guess that in the truest sense, the acronym UFO covers a lot of things. That being said, I saw a UFO. Well I can't identify it anyway.

I was flying tonight just as the sun was going down testing my P3P recently returned from DJI for a repair. I really wasn't looking at the feed as much as watching the GPS satellite count and other telemetry while flying so I totally missed the object flying by me just below. I have no clue what it was and I was way above the trees and pretty much anything else that might have caused a collision. Here's the video. See what you think. I was filming at 1080 X 30fps. so I really couldn't do a very good job of slowing it down in post so you could identify it.

If you look towards the top of the frame you can see what looks like a very well kept "Green" area. Possibly part of a golf course or a driving range. The object appears to come directly from this area. I am also voting that this was a golf ball someone launched at the drone. (Nice drive, BTW)

Its possibly a Bullet , they don't necessarily leave a vapor trail , but do leave super sonic shock waves from it passing through the air at super sonic speed ,that can be seen, depending on air density, camera angle etc . & may look like a trail . I would think a Tracer would leave a much more defined trail behind it .

It would have to be a .50, or larger, to be that visible and they don't travel that slow. I've been around a lot of 240Bravo's and Ma Deuces.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl