UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

Reaction score
I guess that in the truest sense, the acronym UFO covers a lot of things. That being said, I saw a UFO. Well I can't identify it anyway.

I was flying tonight just as the sun was going down testing my P3P recently returned from DJI for a repair. I really wasn't looking at the feed as much as watching the GPS satellite count and other telemetry while flying so I totally missed the object flying by me just below. I have no clue what it was and I was way above the trees and pretty much anything else that might have caused a collision. Here's the video. See what you think. I was filming at 1080 X 30fps. so I really couldn't do a very good job of slowing it down in post so you could identify it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was my first flight in that direction. I doubt anyone even realized that it was up there. I thought it might be the glint of a wire but there was nothing around there and I was up over 300 ft.

Not a golf ball as it came from across the sky. If you look close it is in the far side of the screen at the same height or close to it. Weird. o_O

That's extra odd. I watched it full screen several times and slowed it down. It almost looks like it is in a right hand turn when it first appears. I think it's really cooking along.

SB

That's extra odd. I watched it full screen several times and slowed it down. It almost looks like it is in a right hand turn when it first appears. I think it's really cooking along.

SB
I thought it had arced it's flight path to the right also (It's right).

Reactions: Sagebrush
Link works fine.

So I zoomed in on the entry of the object and the second is just before it leaves the picture. Is that just blur or does it have a smoke trail? Some kind of rocket?

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.21.41 AM☀️.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.17.28 AM☀️.png

That's a potato gun shooting a golf ball at you.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
That's a potato gun shooting a golf ball at you.
That must be some special super sonic P gun to throw anything that far! :eek:

LuvMyTJ said:
So I zoomed in on the entry of the object and the second is just before it leaves the picture. Is that just blur or does it have a smoke trail? Some kind of rocket?

Your entry arrows were a bit deceptive to me.
I thought that you zoomed in so far to see where it was launched from.
Lol.
Could have been launched fairly close to the drone.
The video might have caught the top arc of the shot.
My brother makes a super high power potato gun that shoots golf balls a long ways.

Whatever it was, someone was shooting at your drone and almost got it.
They had to be close enough to see it.

Cool video!

My potato gun uses hair spray and can blast out golf balls like that. I don't shoot into the air tho lol

I had something exactly like that happen about a week ago. Same size, same trajectory, same color. I replayed it a few times, finally decided it must have been a small bird. Not positive though.

Reactions: prowler9
At first I though it was an Arrow , but after looking at it a couple times , its definitely has a vapor trail of some sort , like it had some kind of propulsion system through its flight .

Reactions: NRJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic