UFO captured on P2V+ Video!

Reaction score
Went out this afternoon to take some video of a nearby courthouse that I thought would make an interesting subject. While stopping at a local restaurant afterwards to have dinner and use my laptop to preview the raw video, I happened to glance away from the screen and the same time I thought I saw a 'glitch' in the video.

So, I stopped the video and backtracked it a couple seconds. Pressed play, and something weird showed up on the right. At first I thought it was a recording error on the part of my bird, but when I was able to pause the video just at the right moment, it wasn't pixelated like I thought it would be. Instead, I saw this brown spot on top of a long, black 'pole'. Just for one frame.

BIF1.jpg

What the he11?

So I waited until I got back to my desktop and opened my 'real' video editing software that I discovered what this UFO was.

BIF2.jpg

Yep,... a bug! It flew up from the base of the courthouse, right smack-dab in front of the lens. Not sure if the props managed to slice & dice it, or whether it just got knocked down by the wash and the effect is a result of the rolling shutter. But it sure did give me pause to start thinking about flying when there's a lot of bugs out. I'm sure some are large enough to bring a bird down by damaging a prop.

HAha, yeah that's what bugs look like it when they bite the dust. Apparently it's traveling at the same speed at which the sensor is scanning - thus the long "streak".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers