Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

UFL Fail after itelite upgrade

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Mods' started by GS81VETT, Jul 20, 2015.

1. GS81VETT

Hey guys,

While installing the itelite antenna I broke the UFL connector for the antenna in the 5.8 transmitter. I tried to solder a new one back in and thought I did a good job but the copter still only goes about 600 feet, so I am guessing the repair job did not work.

I would like to see if I can replace just the transmitter board instead of the entire device. Will a version 2 work in a version 3? Can I get a different board or do I have to stay with the version 3?

Thoughts?

G

2. garrock

The circuit boards inside the controller are different between older and newer models.

Post a picture of the connector so we can see what and how it is broken.

3. dirtybum

Yeah , post a pic so we can help. Everybody's made that mistake I was putting the pigtail on the new style remote,when I broke the connector off I just took the connector out of the old-style remote put it in and everything works fine

4. Jim1

I broke ufl connector on the 5.8 transmitter and was unable to find just the transmitter for sale. I tried to solder a replacement but between my eyesight and unsteady hands it failed. I was able to solder the cable direct to the board and it works great. I fly 2 plus miles with ease

5. GS81VETT

Thanks guys. Sorry I have not put up a pic. I did find a new remote for a good price and blinded it and put on the new antenna. How ever the distance is only 1200 feet and video fails. I think the controls still work because I do not get the come home pop up..... Ugh! Perhaps the wifi is failing?