UAVWeather.com (aka PhantomWeather.com)

Re: PhantomWeather.com

Sweet, go man go :D

Depressing, right? Time to move to a place that's good for flying all year round. San Diego and Miami are pretty good I think. :)

Thanks for putting all this info in one place! Good Job and many thnanks!

****, hey Clouds Never Die you were on fire there for a while.

What happened?

This is a really nice tool. However, today it told that the wind was going to be 13mph at 08:00. I measured it at 3mph. There was no wind to talk of, and normally I wouldnt have bothered going if the wind was 13mph.

Great idea to have number of sats available though.

Depressing, right? Time to move to a place that's good for flying all year round. San Diego and Miami are pretty good I think. :)

Knock knock,

Hello, I see a light on... Anybody home?
**** it man, don't leave us hanging.

This is a really nice tool. However, today it told that the wind was going to be 13mph at 08:00. I measured it at 3mph. There was no wind to talk of, and normally I wouldnt have bothered going if the wind was 13mph.

Great idea to have number of sats available though.
I have noticed fairly different readings where I live even though I use the correct location (most use zip codes to determine location). My zip code is huge so I usually use the neighboring town as it is closer to my actual weather. Wind speed is probably the biggest variable from location to location.

I made a recent change so that it shows you the wind speed, by default, at 80 meters (240 feet). That might have confused some people. It can easily be 13mph at 80 meters but <5mph on the ground, due to the wind gradient effect. Thanks for letting me know - I'll probably change the default, but still let you set a higher altitude at which to measure the wind if you prefer it. :)

I should really have subscribed to this thread, missed a bunch of updates... sorry. I'm more easily contacted on Facebook via the UAV Forecast page linked from the site itself.

Added some new features today - visibility and wind direction. Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20