uavforecast Low?

Reaction score
Has anyone else found the wind report on uavforecast to be lower than other sites you check? As an example

16 mph....The airport near me has the wind at
12 mph at 0 feet, 14 mph at 92 feet, and 15 mph at 249 feet....A ballonist forecast site has the wind at
14 mph....at ground level Windyty
8 mph....uavforecast at 33 feet

I find it's almost always lower than the other reference sites around me. Is anyone else having this happen? I don't care for it at all! It "blows" my confidence! I would fly at 8, but not at 16!

Any forecast is just a forecast and shouldn't be taken to indicate the exact conditions you will experience at a particular location.
There are many factors that contribute to the accuracy or lack of it.

I use Hover and UAV Forecast and they always show same wind speed but opposite wind direction. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check out Storm app! It shows actual wind by using weather underground, which uses stations around you to check readings, after a while you'll start to know the ones to trust ie; some are always low (those that aren't mounted high or blocked) and those that you've come to trust, for me I'm going to get the weather station for like $116 on Amazon that has the wind direction and speed along with rain gauge and barometer/temp and uses solar to run a little fan to pull air thru the system.
I've found this, bring it uses composite inputs to give the most accurate readings, and the visual wind arrows grow longer the higher the wind speed, it also has ground and trade wind speed and direction

It also connects to the WU to assist with accurate data. I do use the UAV app too, but never do I use just one even, I check three. I also have the upgraded radarUS (not cheap, prolly have $8-$10 in it with the in app purchases, but hate ads, and LOVE the $6 add on that lets you see individual nextrad stations, level II (which is WAY better then level III info)
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has anyone else found the wind report on uavforecast to be lower than other sites you check? As an example

16 mph....The airport near me has the wind at
12 mph at 0 feet, 14 mph at 92 feet, and 15 mph at 249 feet....A ballonist forecast site has the wind at
14 mph....at ground level Windyty
8 mph....uavforecast at 33 feet

I find it's almost always lower than the other reference sites around me. Is anyone else having this happen? I don't care for it at all! It "blows" my confidence! I would fly at 8, but not at 16!
I have trouble understanding you. You write:

Has anyone else found the wind report on uavforecast to be lower than other sites you check?

But then in your examples, the uavforecast is higher.

Anyways, I usually find the actual wind seems less than what is forecast by uav and that's okay. Better that than the other way around...

Thanks for the answers!

I have trouble understanding you. You write:

Has anyone else found the wind report on uavforecast to be lower than other sites you check?

But then in your examples, the uavforecast is higher.

Anyways, I usually find the actual wind seems less than what is forecast by uav and that's okay. Better that than the other way around...

I'm not sure how you are seeing it different than me? The 8 (from uavforecast) is a lower number than the 12, 14, 15, and 16 of the other sites.

Does that make sense?

I would like to use and trust uavforecast, because it's simple. But I have to know that it's close to right. :)

I guess I couldn't understand you -sorry

I like to think uavforecast is pretty close most of the time.

Marknmd, no worries at all! I'm not the best at sputtering out my questions! I always appreciate replies!

And thanks for the vote of confidence in uavforecast!

I find UAV forecast to be seemingly accurate for wind velocity.

I especially like the forecast cloud percentage. I find it very useful to determining when I am likely to get a good sunrise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik