UAV on NBC News 5-27-14

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the video footage about the floods in California? I saw two props on the top of the images, I thought that the video could not be used commercially, I'm sure this was a UAV

Anyone else see it?

Joeg1937 said:
Did anyone notice the video footage about the floods in California? I saw two props on the top of the images, I thought that the video could not be used commercially, I'm sure this was a UAV

Anyone else see it?

I didn't catch it, but I've seen some UAV footage shown on both local and national news.

I guess it's a bit of a grey area, but I don't think there's any law against them showing aerial footage that comes their way.
and it's more of a law again people advertising and selling drone services, (which they don't appear to be enforcing too much either)

News reporting is not considered to be a commercial adventure.
If you took video of an event then sold that to the news station, that would be commercial.
Speaking of news grasshopper, have you not been keeping up with the news and drones?
The NTSB recently ruled that the FAA has no jurisdiciton over drones, for one, and for two, can't fine anyone under a non-existant law.
Not yet anyway.

Floods in California? I thought it was so dry there they couldn't even grow anything. Yes, I saw that on the news tonight and saw the props in the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20